How many price upgrading HD to 4K UHD STB?

• Thread starter Pallab
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10
  • Views: Views 5,156

Pallab

Reaction score
1.How many price upgrading SD to 4K UHD STB?
2.How many price upgrading HD to 4K UHD STB?
3.How many price upgrading HD DVR to 4K UHD STB?

I will upgrad tomorrow HD to 4k UHD STB
Because 4k UHD STB Is Advance Channel Changeing,Fast Open,wifi enable etc..I think tatasky will lunch usb recording on 4K UHD Box espected on when mpeg2 to mpeg4 migration completed.

I'll definitely upgrade to UHD STB only if they support recording on it. Otherwise a BIG NO.

Pallab said:
1.How many price upgrading SD to 4K UHD STB?
2.How many price upgrading HD to 4K UHD STB?
3.How many price upgrading HD DVR to 4K UHD STB?

I will upgrad tomorrow HD to 4k UHD STB
Because 4k UHD STB Is Advance Channel Changeing,Fast Open,wifi enable etc..I think tatasky will lunch usb recording on 4K UHD Box espected on when mpeg2 to mpeg4 migration completed.

Means they not going to offer USB recording because it seems M4 migration not going to be completed ever....

I will upgrade if USB recording is enabled (which is not going to be the case as of now) and if it is compatible to 1080p TV HDMI. I see big difference between the picture quality of 1080i HD channels and blu ray 1080p on my full hd TV screen. So in case HDMI of full hd tv is compatible with UHD STB I can hope to get blu ray type picture quality. Otherwise buying UHD TV is far fetched for me.

shiwesh said:
I will upgrade if USB recording is enabled (which is not going to be the case as of now) and if it is compatible to 1080p TV HDMI. I see big difference between the picture quality of 1080i HD channels and blu ray 1080p on my full hd TV screen. So in case HDMI of full hd tv is compatible with UHD STB I can hope to get blu ray type picture quality. Otherwise buying UHD TV is far fetched for me.

You wont get any change in picture quality of your HD channels due to UHD box coz they broadcast in 1080i so you ll recieve 1080i. 1080p like you get in your bluray player requires double bandwidth of 1080i broadcast. 1080i = 4 SD channel space, 1080p = 8 SD channel space ( bandwidth is not free )

dreambox.pk said:
Means they not going to offer USB recording because it seems M4 migration not going to be completed ever....
bro it's not good to posts these type comments everytime, there are no special thing which you are telling & other Tatasky users don't know,
All forum TS user know about the situation,
I hope you understand.

DTH Fan said:
I'll definitely upgrade to UHD STB only if they support recording on it. Otherwise a BIG NO.

Why do u want to watch SD/HD chs on your UHD Tv ?:huh

I would go for it if I had an UHD TV :dodgy

How many of the Users here have a 4k UHD TV here, just curious :huh

Hi

I am on TSky UHD STB hooked on to a 55inch LG UHD TV.

A quick review --

Google Tata Sky 4K Sample video Channel 400 to see my sample video uploaded on youtube.

While the quality of the Demo channel broadcasting the 4K content is awesome, I am very dissatisfied by the strategy of Tata Sky (As usual)

Upgradation from HD+ to UHD STB is actually downgrading yourself as apart from the demo 4K content and the forthcoming ICC WOrldcup matches which will be broadcasted in 4K there is no other thing to "look UP" to.

For all other things you will have to look down to HD+

For example -1) UHD STB is not Wifi enabled (A real shocker)
2) There is no option of Network settings in case you wanted to check what IP has the STB latched onto.
3) No VOD Service
4) No Recording (Neither Internal NOR EXternal) The only hope is the USB jack provided which indicates that in future they may provide the Ext Recording facility but as of today ...Nada!

To Sum up...Isko laga dala toh nothing Jhingalala...You can upgrade only if you are a technology freak such as me who wants everything at first BUT if your priority is Recording and other things such as mentioned above then you can easily give UHD STB a skip...

I am actively planning to switch to Videocon as they already have a UHD channel pipe which will broadcast all international 4K broadcasts.

Ciao ... Hope the above helps

@hitster bro, please let me know whether TS is telecasting opening ceremony in 4K now?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock