- Mar 6, 2011
HOW TO CHANGE WINDOW BOOT SCREEN
Boot screens that use BootSkin are typically under 20K compared to other boot screen programs whose files are over 2 MEGABYTES.
See dis for more details
Open Resource Hacker and press ctrl+o now go to your Windows directory and then open System32 folder,and search for NToskrnl.exe file ,click on open.
See this screenshot for help :
Change XP Boot Screen
After opening expand Bitmap and you can change the bootscreen by replacing the default bitmaps to your own created bitmaps.
Press ctrl+s and you are done.Now reboot your PC and see now you will see your own boot screen and not the default one.
Method 3Not Recommended)
These instructions assume that you already have the boot screen(ntoskrnl.exe) downloaded from net.
1. Backup (copy) the file %windir%system32ntoskrnl.exe (most likely C:windowssystem32ntoskrnl.exe – the boot screen)
2. Download the .zip to your computer
3. Extract ntoskrnl.exe to a directory other than %windir%system32 (most likely C:windowssystem32)
4. Reboot your computer into Safe Mode (hit F8 before the boot screen) or into true DOS (from a boot disk)
5. Overwrite the file %windir%system32ntoskrnl.exe (which should have been backed up) with the extracted exe
6. Reboot your computer as you normally would