How to connect Airtel STB optical out with 5.1 home theatre

• Thread starter aegsgm
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 39
  • Views: Views 9,293
Pls suggest med range budget model in these brands
I am not up-to-date regarding latests model , may be you research on web, and go and buy in some electronic store like Releance digital , there you can get some display/demo one with very less price ( ask for last peace options to salceman)

By any chance if you are going US, you better buy their , you get it for half rate of India.

Last edited:
I get this review from net. It's true review

The maximum cones and issues which I have noticed with this model.

ByAmazon Customeron 2 June 2017

I am writing this review to let the other people know how SONY cheating us.

!. The sound is not 1000watt, When we open full sound we get approximate 200 or maybe 300watts level sound only.
2. Picture quality is not up to the mark, it should upscale to 4k but doesn't show any improvement.
3. It's av is very slow to read any Hard disk.
4. It's cost is very high, the quality this model offering can make this product price about 13-14k not more than 14k.
5. Speaker wires are not good. Low-quality wires, very thin.
6. Few speaker wires are (Center and Woofer are already incorporated and fixed with the speaker) unable to change if they got ever break.
7. The length of the speaker wires is very less for any medium room. Only meant for a small room.
8. Other players like Onkyo HT S3700 and S3800 are easily available at 28-30k and these are far better than this cheap product.
9. Overpowering bass and after switching even to -6db you will still get the irritating bass. Bass also doesn't have any clarity. By any mean, you cannot control the bass. You have to bear with it. generally, I love bass, but, the bass of this model is very very very irritating.

I was using a proper home theater before and switched to this model after seen lots of praise for it but feel like cheated by maximum reviews and votes. I was using Onkyo ht s3700 which I purchased 1 year back at Rs. 28k but sold because I thought this model is very good with connectivity and sound. Now, I am selling out this crap model.

Sony should offer something better like Onkyo, Pioneer and Yamaha.

Verdict: Don't buy, try Onkyo and Pioneer first. Go and have a demo all these model before you make your mind. You can buy
Sony HT-IV300 if you get this at 13-14k.

Read

I agree with few points here

5) Ya wire is very thin and kinda felt like low quality
7) Ya length is very low and when I asked about extra cable they said I need to order 10 meter or something minium so dropped the plan and have to adjust with given length.
8) Onkyo and Yamaha are kings in this category so can't compare it with Sony and other.
9) Bass is kinda bad sometimes...Experienced it couple of times while watching movies but only sometimes not all the time.

3) I don't agree with this point.I have used hard disk many times and it was good....

Couple of months back had a repair due to shock circuit and thought to buy Onkyo/Yamaha HT but later came to know repair price was just 5k so dropped the plan.

Few months back bought new tv from reliance digital and after billing asked to sale's guy for a HT and he suggested IV300 and said right now it's the best HT(They had Onkyo and yamaha models too and He don't know that I already have IV300)

I agree with few points here

5) Ya wire is very thin and kinda felt like low quality
7) Ya length is very low and when I asked about extra cable they said I need to order 10 meter or something minium so dropped the plan and have to adjust with given length.
8) Onkyo and Yamaha are kings in this category so can't compare it with Sony and other.
9) Bass is kinda bad sometimes...Experienced it couple of times while watching movies but only sometimes not all the time.

3) I don't agree with this point.I have used hard disk many times and it was good....

Couple of months back had a repair due to shock circuit and thought to buy Onkyo/Yamaha HT but later came to know repair price was just 5k so dropped the plan.

Few months back bought new tv from reliance digital and after billing asked to sale's guy for a HT and he suggested IV300 and said right now it's the best HT(They had Onkyo and yamaha models too and He don't know that I already have IV300)

In general sales man get % of bonus on some models & brands , so they suggest those , not only that most of guys doesn't no how to select DD ,
they will put in PCM and they will increase volume and show that how loud it is coming :)

Cable is very key hear , even Onkyo given good quality wire it was written some ware those are demo cables , Onkyo it self sell oxide free cable ,
wen i replace the wire , their is considerable improvement in sound quality .

Last edited:
In general sales man get % of bonus on some models & brands , so they suggest those , not only that most of guys doesn't no how to select DD ,
they will put in PCM and they will increase volume and show that how loud it is coming :)

Cable is very key hear , even Onkyo given good quality wire it was written some ware those are demo cables , Onkyo it self sell oxide free cable ,
wen i replace the wire , their is considerable improvement in sound quality .

Ya I know about this percentage thing...

Ya they don't know anything about tech and all ..Forget about DD one of the sales man was like why you want 1080p tv none of the channels in India are having that better go with 720p model only blah blah blah...I felt like BEEP and just said show what I asked don't give any info till I ask ... :ROFLMAO:

I wanted to connect my new bought Airtel HD STB to my Denon AV Receiver via an optical cable. Any particular optical cable brand to use? What is the price? Any help

If you have old model of 5.1 HT then optical output will not work because old models do not have optical input in it. If you do not want to spend 20k plus for new HT with optical input, then go for Audio Gear box, through which you can connect your old HT with optical cable. It will cost around 5-6k.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock