- 19 Aug 2014
I have already explained the process for Amazon, but if you're a Flipkart shopper, the process is equally simple. This is what you need to do:
1. Go to your Flipkart Orders page.
2. You'll see a list of all your recent order on this page. You can return items up to one month from the date of delivery, so don't take too much time to do this. Find the item you need to return, and click the Return button on the right.
3. On the next page you'll have to select reasons for return - this could be a missing item in your shipment, the wrong item, quality issues, or defective product. Choose the specific problem from the next drop down menu, and explain the problem in the comments box.
4. In the next drop down menu, the only option you can select is to request a new piece. Once that's done, click on the REQUEST RETURN button on the bottom right to confirm the return.
5. That's it - Flipkart will then contact you to confirm that a return is required, and will do the pickup from the address you ordered from. This can take a few days. In case you need to return the item from a different address, make sure you tell the customer care operative who calls.
6. Flipkart will then send someone to collect the item, and send a replacement. You'll get email updates throughout the process, and a receipt when the book is collected, which you should keep safe until the replacement arrives.
Have you ever received the wrong item from an online seller? What did you buy and what did you get?