How to tune Insat4A in Videocon d2h dish

lesly17

Reaction score
Hi ,

I have Videocond2h dish and I want to tune the Insat4A in it and I have Onix Hd receiver which is already connected to disceq with 7 feet dish for IntelSat 17. What is d2h direction I need to set up for Insat 4A whether its tatasky direction or airtel or Videocon d2h direction . Kindly help I am beginner I want ot try on my own .Since 7 feet dish already installed by service enginer person.

Welcome to DDF and Sat tracking world!

For getting Insat 4A, you need to set up the dish in Tata Sky direction.

If your dish is already set up and pointing towards D2H, it is very simple to move to Tata Sky.
- Move the dish upwards by two points.
- Move the dish (by standing in front of the dish) left side about 3 to 5 centimeters.
- Adjust the LNB (by standing in front of the dish) by skewing anti-clock wise and set it at 32 minutes.

Hope this helps.

M.J.Sadiq said:
Welcome to DDF and Sat tracking world!

For getting Insat 4A, you need to set up the dish in Tata Sky direction.

If your dish is already set up and pointing towards D2H, it is very simple to move to Tata Sky.
- Move the dish upwards by two points.
- Move the dish (by standing in front of the dish) left side about 3 to 5 centimeters.
- Adjust the LNB (by standing in front of the dish) by skewing anti-clock wise and set it at 32 minutes.

Hope this helps.

Thanks For the Reply ,still I need fix to Tata Sky direction as of now I just assembled everything and kept.
Need to tune by setting the direction to tata sky d2h direction , What is the easiest way to tune it in that direction of 83'east ?

Hi MJ,

Thanks for the reply, I have said to TATA Sky and able to get all tata sky channels with $ symbol channel which all pay channels and scrambled one.I am not getting any Insat 4A channel ..what is the LNB position to be set ...if I adjust lnb then all tata sky channels are not coming ..kindly give the tips/suggestion to tune to get all Insat 4a channel...

Bro, Tata Sky channels are coming from INSAT 4A and GSAT 10 where both are co-located at 83 degree east. From INSAT 4A Ku band, only Tata Sky channels are available which you cannot view. But there are C-Band channels available and I guess some of them are FTA too. If you get Tata Sky channels, then you can get C-Band channels in same dish alignment. But you need to configure your satellite profile as C-Band and have to use C-Band LNB.

Hi MJ,

I have configured the TP's in my solid receiver and I tried blind scan ...since configured tp's of Insat 4A doesn't giving any channels ....when I did a blind scan's I am getting around 485 Tata sky channels of tp's starting with11XX.Kindly give the details for this "But you need to configure your satellite profile as C-Band and have to use C-Band LNB" .Since I have used the same lnb for abs2 which doesn't have an active signal in that satellite. now I am trying to tune for insat 4A....kindly give the lnb position degree..so that I can give a try..any tips are welcome from other members too.

what is the size of the dish u r using to get insat 4a? small dishes cannot catch c band based satellite channels? experts do confirm

I am using the DTH antenna that is 2 feet and I am getting almost 500+ Tata sky channels but not even one free to air channels ...whether its possible to get free to air channel of Instat 4A in 2 feet dth dishes...Experts give you thoughts and experience/tips to share....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock