Hungama To Launch Hungama Movies In Three Weeks; Pre-Download

kramkumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Hungama Digital Media today announced plans to launch Hungama Movies in Q2-2011. The company is making available content from Yash Raj Films, Paramount Pictures, T-Series and Reliance Home Video, allowing users to both download and stream films.
Hungama will launch the storefront over the next three weeks for the Indian market, then launch in six international markets shortly thereafter, and eventually target 30 markets before the end of the next fiscal.

Being made available on launch are 50 films in total:

- 16 films from Yash Raj Films, including films like Bachna Ae Haseeno, Chak De India, Dhoom 1 & 2;
- 29 films, mostly catalog content, from Paramount Pictures
- Five films from Reliance Home Video – Dabangg, Rock On, Paa, Kites and Raavn, and
- Six films from T-Series – Baabul, Honeymoon Travels, Shootout at Lokhandwala, Darling, Bhool Bulaiya and Lucky.

Now much of this is catalog content, and while making content available online allows producers to monetize content over a longer period of time, theatrical revenues constitute a majority of a films revenues, and are concentrated largely in the first week. But in partnership with Intel, Hungama is going beyond:

- Pre-Download: The DRM being provided for Hungama Movies allows them to make available DRM locked movies in advance, which will be activated once the movie is officially launched. The DRM restricts the movies to 5 devices.
- Hungama Movies will detect certain Intel powered devices and make films in HD available to them.

The pricing plans haven’t been announced yet. Hungama CEO Neeraj Roy said that they’ve got seven different pricing models, and that the model – subscription, download to own or rent etc will be largely dependent on the studio launching the film.

Hungama isn’t the first to allow online downloads of movies – Rajshri Media first made Vivaah available for download first day first show in 2006, and several other businesses – BigFlix and Eros Entertainment – have followed suit.

:bowdownsmiley::dance3:so its a great news for me..............

coz i like hungama tv very much:dance3:

Hungama Movies Channel Scrambled Or Free To air On Launchig ?

Vikram said:
Hungama Movies Channel Scrambled Or Free To air On Launchig ?

I think its paid coz its a very gud and cool :happy: channel..........................:win:

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock