Discussion India is Largest Market for BBC World News

Abhinav

Editor-in-Chief, DreamDTH News
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
According to The Global Audience Measure (GAM) India is the top international market for British pubcaster BBC News with an audience reach of 50 million.

India is among the three countries with Kenya and the USA that have seen the most impressive gains since 2018.

Overall, the global audience reach of BBC News has risen to a new high of 426 million a week – an increase of 50 million (13%) over the year.

With 50 million audience, India tops BBC news' overseas market

Why can't the government ban them already? They always show us in bad light.

Ban is no solution. Not only BBC but here too broadcasters keep showing one side or other in bad light. Responding with facts and correcting or accepting shortcomings and improving is right way forward. Remember each organization has lots of people involved in its working and opinions on various things differ massively. We need not be too sensitive of criticism unless it is extremely offensive or derogatory and calls for legal action.

By the way BBC has made finest, most expansive, well researched and informative documentaries about India. Infact no one can match factual programming standard of BBC. Top notch quality be it content , technology or overall presentation. Hope to see them launching more channels soon

Ban is no solution. Not only BBC but here too broadcasters keep showing one side or other in bad light. Responding with facts and correcting or accepting shortcomings and improving is right way forward. Remember each organization has lots of people involved in its working and opinions on various things differ massively. We need not be too sensitive of criticism unless it is extremely offensive or derogatory and calls for legal action.

By the way BBC has made finest, most expansive, well researched and informative documentaries about India. Infact no one can match factual programming standard of BBC. Top notch quality be it content , technology or overall presentation. Hope to see them launching more channels soon
BBC has vendetta against Asian countries. Expensive documentaries were made to please their colonial rulers. And to show how much they did good to India. Thanks to Germany for getting rid of them 70 years ago. Or we would be still their slaves.

Last edited:
BBC has vendetta against Asian countries.
Bro idk who is right here. Al Jazeera is also notorious for showing India in bad light but some of their documentaries actually made me more knowledgeable. I don't watch their docs anymore but in the past they made some of the finest middle East related documentaries which was always a pleasure to watch.

As for BBC their North Korea documentary was amazing. It was so good that i binged other related documentaries. As Dino bro says banning will lead to nothing. Every channel has their positives and negatives. Let's consume the good content and make ourselves more knowledgeable.

Bro idk who is right here. Al Jazeera is also notorious for showing India in bad light but some of their documentaries actually made me more knowledgeable. I don't watch their docs anymore but in the past they made some of the finest middle East related documentaries which was always a pleasure to watch.

As for BBC their North Korea documentary was amazing. It was so good that i binged other related documentaries. As Dino bro says banning will lead to nothing. Every channel has their positives and negatives. Let's consume the good content and make ourselves more knowledgeable.
China banned them. Look how they are sucking up now. We Indians forgive others easily. That's why they keeps on abusing us. Al Jazeera might make some propaganda documentaries cuz they are pleasing a particular audience. Meanwhile our BBC will show us in bad light in every way possible. Whether it's on our space program or cricket. They will always rain in our parade.

Last edited:
They are embarrassing us on global stage. And please read my edited posted above.
What negative impact did it have by showing us in a bad light? They have done some criticism and doubted us a lot and will continue doing so. We can answer them by showing them we're capable of returning them the favour by developing ourselves and proving them wrong.

China is banning various media outlets because they're known for human right violations. It's a fact that they have re-education camps made for Uyghurs and this is something world media is trying it's best to uncover but aren't able to do so thanks to the Chinese govt.

Again, I'm not saying we're not soft but is banning the right solution? Let's say you're right and ban them. Do you think the world will take us seriously and praise us for doing that? I really would like to know your reasons demanding for this ban.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock