DDF Exclusive Infinity users upgrade to Internet TV @ ₹1499

can we keep this box or do we have to return it when we stop using the Airtel DTH

You have to return it when they ask for but they will wait for certain period with the expectancy of you reactivating service with some offers.

Hi guys, I was always intrigued by what is the advantage of Internet TV Box over HD HEVC box - is it just that it converts your TV to a smart TV? For watching Live TV, does it still use a Dish Antenna or it uses your home broadband? Asking since Airtel is giving out lots of free Data Usage if you have Airtel Home broadband and Internet TV Box.

Hi guys, I was always intrigued by what is the advantage of Internet TV Box over HD HEVC box - is it just that it converts your TV to a smart TV? For watching Live TV, does it still use a Dish Antenna or it uses your home broadband? Asking since Airtel is giving out lots of free Data Usage if you have Airtel Home broadband and Internet TV Box.
Only difference is Internet TV box is based on Android TV platform and has necessary features to connect to your wifi modem/router and stream content, play android based games etc. DTH channels are through satellite connection itself. also it's 4K ready. BTW even Airtel DTH SD/HD/HEVC users can get benefits if you have Airtel broadband. eg. 10 GB extra data and also Free/Discount HD topups.

Last edited:
Only difference is Internet TV box is based on Android TV platform and has necessary features to connect to your wifi modem/router and stream content, play android based games etc. DTH channels are through satellite connection itself. also it's 4K ready. BTW even Airtel DTH SD/HD/HEVC users can get benefits if you have Airtel broadband. eg. 10 GB extra data and also Free/Discount HD topups.
The new airtel HD HEVC STB also has a WiFi symbol in front. The Apps and Games section in UI says Coming Soon! Make sure your STB is connected to the internet.

Anyone knows what's in store with this box, via internet, what kind of Apps may we expect, this is definitely not Android, so Play Store Apps are ruled out, what what else may we get, like Movies and Curated Content apps from Airtel themselves?

The new airtel HD HEVC STB also has a WiFi symbol in front. The Apps and Games section in UI says Coming Soon! Make sure your STB is connected to the internet.

Anyone knows what's in store with this box, via internet, what kind of Apps may we expect, this is definitely not Android, so Play Store Apps are ruled out, what what else may we get, like Movies and Curated Content apps from Airtel themselves?
HEVC box is using a newer version of the same software as all other Airtel BOX. There is a feature for catchup content and on demand TV and network based PVR. You can get 7 days of TV shows through the net on your STB. They used to even sell a dongle for boxes without wifi. Also ethernet capable boxes could be directly connected. However as of now these features are not widely used or it's difficult to use. Maybe they will revamp it soon.

EDIT: HEVC boxes have faster processors than normal HD boxes so it's easier to implement latest software. I think HEVC Technicolor is using NDS version 611 and HEVC Flextronic is using NDS version 605. HD+ boxes are using NDS version 601.

Last edited:
You have to return it when they ask for but they will wait for certain period with the expectancy of you reactivating service with some offers.

But we are paying 1499 right ? still do we need to return it ? will they give us the money back for returning it ?

Happy with my Samsung Smart TV+ HD DVR,already my tv includes streaming services like Netflix,Prime etc,further Airtel TV doesn't even offer external HDD like DVR,nor they allow to install all android applications.

So I don't feel this is a good offer atleast for me

But we are paying 1499 right ? still do we need to return it ? will they give us the money back for returning it ?

It works only with Valid Airtel Subscription so the amount you pay is like Activation fee of your Service.

It works only with Valid Airtel Subscription so the amount you pay is like Activation fee of your Service.

When I asked CC and service engineer both mentioned that I can keep it and no need to return even I am not using the Airtel DTH at all

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock