INSAT 4A and INSAT 4CR replacement coming soon

• Thread starter Sarkar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 54
  • Views: Views 16,609
Hello, I just registered to post here!

According the Space-Track TLE's, GSAT-30 has left 83.0°E on March 4, drifting West and by now could very well be near 48°E.
I think there is an error and it is actually GSAT-31 that has moved to 48°E.
For the following reasons:
1) GSAT-31 was planned for 48°E (to replace INSAT-4CR presently at 48°E, inclining), and GSAT-30 was planned for 83°E (to replace INSAT-4A, now in graveyard orbit). See Arianespace to launch the GSAT-31 and GSAT-30 satellites for India with Ariane 5 - Arianespace
2) The known beacon frequencies of GSAT-31 were received in Italy a week ago while still drifting. See Source

3) At 83.0°E, only GSAT-30 carries Horizontal C-band transponders, and they are still active. GSAT-10 only has Vertical C-band transponders.
Then also the Horizontal Ku-band transponders (TataSky) can only be from GSAT-30.

What do you think?

Yes thanks Anish, I've seen that thread. But it's from before March 4, when GSAT-30 or -31 left 83°E.

GSAT-31 was at 47.9°E from 17 Feb to 24 Jul 2019, then at 83.0°E since 1 Sep 2019.
I suppose to help out in Ku-band (the only band of GSAT-31), until GSAT-30 could take over during Feb 2020.
And now GSAT-31 is back at 47.9°E (awaiting someone to confirm)... that is my "theory".

Yes thanks Anish, I've seen that thread. But it's from before March 4, when GSAT-30 or -31 left 83°E.

GSAT-31 was at 47.9°E from 17 Feb to 24 Jul 2019, then at 83.0°E since 1 Sep 2019.
I suppose to help out in Ku-band (the only band of GSAT-31), until GSAT-30 could take over during Feb 2020.
And now GSAT-31 is back at 47.9°E (awaiting someone to confirm)... that is my "theory".

GSAT 30 is at 83 degrees only. You can see many channels migrating to the satellite recently. You can find many threads in the below-given link.

Insat & Gsat Updates

Then there's this thread where you have an official communique from the broadcaster end on the frequency of its channel.

Filamchi Movie channel started from GSAT-30 at 83°E

It is GSAT 31 that has moved back.

Yes, SpaceTrack TLE's were corrected today, GSAT-31 is at 47.9°E.
Is there any Ku-band transponder active from this position, even if it is only data?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock