Is Airtel Digital the worst box for navigating HD channels?

• Thread starter Ultra
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 41
  • Views: Views 7,638

Which DTH STB has the best channel navigation system?

• ADTV (15 favs)

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Tata Sky (50 favs)

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Sun Direct (2D nav)

• D2H

• Dish TV

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
Btw, you know why they don't sort by genre in regional channels, right? They charge money from regional players for placing the channel close to the 'top'.

So, if a news channel pays the highest, it will be the first. Second could be a music channel, and third could be a GEC.

It's their way of making money.

Dish TV seems to be selling slots only within genre -- by saying 'pay me to be first in Bangla GEC' 'pay me to be first in Bangla News' etc., not 'Pay me money to be first in Bangla' @JollyLNB

• All DTHs have either Zee Bangla or Colors Bangla as the first Bangla GEC, except only Dish TV. It has Star Jalsha first which is the actual No. 1 by ratings. Of course in Tata Sky ABP Ananda comes before all the GECs.
  • Except Tata Sky all DTHs have Sony Max and Discovery as the first Hindi movies and knowledge channel, respectively. But TS is keeping its own Star network's channels first (Star Gold and National Geographic, respectively).
  • Tata Sky always keeps the Sun network first. LCN 1403, 1503, 1603 and 1803 (the first in each language) are respectively Gemini Movies HD, Sun TV HD, Udaya HD and Surya HD.

Last edited:
I tried the following:

1) OK
2) Green
3) Down twice to select HD channels only
4) watch Zee HD.
5) Realize that I want to move to next channel after 10 seconds of watching it (in between, the onscreen menu has disappeared).
6) Press 'right' arrow.
7) It is showing SET SD, not HD.
Increase the pop up duration to 15 seconds in the user settings to avoid onscreen menu disappearing quickly

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock