Is Airtel Digital the worst box for navigating HD channels?

• Thread starter Ultra
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 41
  • Views: Views 7,631

Which DTH STB has the best channel navigation system?

• ADTV (15 favs)

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Tata Sky (50 favs)

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Sun Direct (2D nav)

• D2H

• Dish TV

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
What you suggested should happen is what actually would have worked well. But it doesn't. Poor UI design by Airtel is all I can say.

What I suggested is right but way back then LCNs arranged HD in an order but now SD followed by corresponding HD that's the problem now,now + or - and left or right will land you in corresponding SD.

What you suggested should happen is what actually would have worked well. But it doesn't. Poor UI design by Airtel is all I can say.

What I can say is ur using aged technology like 2G but now technology 5G going to come so we have to do upgradation if not then its our fault but it doesn't mean adtv not having technology coz I'm using latest technology :)

Last edited:
Sorry for the off-topic, but:
On a different note, one advantage of Airtel and Dish TV over Tata Sky, Sun Direct and Videocon is that the regional channels' LCNs are grouped by genre. In Dish TV they are very neatly arranged. Considering Marathi, 120x are GECs, 123x are movie channels, 124x are music channels and 125x are news channels. Similarly, for Airtel's Marathi channels (though much more congested), 516-522 are GECs, 527-530 are movie channels, 534-539 are news channels and 544-546 are music channels. But on Tata Sky, until 1210 you have GECs, then suddenly news channels (ABP Majha, News18 Lokmat), then suddenly Zee Yuva (a GEC) on 1216 and again suddenly Zee Talkies HD (movies) on 1217, and so on. The same is true for Videocon and Sun Direct. :angry:

Because of Tata Sky's id*otic LCN arrangement, instead of pressing up/down to watch channels of the same genre, I am forced to go to the EPG guide and select a genre and then a language. Maybe they have this horrible LCN arrangement intentionally so that we are forced to use the EPG.

The same may be the case with Airtel (i.e., one feature is intentionally bad so that people are forced to use another) but I don't know. :huh:

Last edited:
If Airtel guys are watching -- please understand that there are people who watch only HD channels. Either increase the number of favorites, or give an option to lock into one genre.
Yes u r right. Any one option would solve the problem

I am not using old technology. It's the latest software they have. They can easily change the software to support 50 channels in favorites or enable genre locking.

But they're not doing it, probably because they don't take user feedback on their software designs.

What I can say is ur using aged technology like 2G but now technology 5G going to come so we have to do upgradation if not then its our fault but it doesn't mean adtv not having technology coz I'm using latest technology :)

Yes. It used to be like that in TS. But these days, they're rearranging the channels by genre.

On a different note, one advantage of Airtel and Dish TV over Tata Sky, Sun Direct and Videocon is that the regional channels' LCNs are grouped by genre. In Dish TV they are very neatly arranged. Considering Marathi, 120x are GECs, 123x are movie channels, 124x are music channels and 125x are news channels. Similarly, for Airtel's Marathi channels (though much more congested), 516-522 are GECs, 527-530 are movie channels, 534-539 are news channels and 544-546 are music channels. But on Tata Sky, until 1210 you have GECs, then suddenly news channels (ABP Majha, News18 Lokmat), then suddenly Zee Yuva (a GEC) on 1216 and again suddenly Zee Talkies HD (movies) on 1217, and so on. The same is true for Videocon and Sun Direct. :angry:

Because of Tata Sky's id*otic LCN arrangement, instead of pressing up/down to watch channels of the same genre, I am forced to go to the EPG guide and select a genre and then a language. Maybe they have this horrible LCN arrangement intentionally so that we are forced to use the EPG.

The same may be the case with Airtel (i.e., one feature is intentionally bad so that people are forced to use another) but I don't know. :huh:

Exactly bro, I like Dish TV way of arranging channels. Channels are grouped by genre which is big plus.I would vote in favor of Dish TV above Tata sky/SD in this regard.

Dish also gives the option of having 50 favorites, if I remember correctly.

Btw, you know why they don't sort by genre in regional channels, right? They charge money from regional players for placing the channel close to the 'top'.

So, if a news channel pays the highest, it will be the first. Second could be a music channel, and third could be a GEC.

It's their way of making money.

Dish TV seems to be selling slots only within genre -- by saying 'pay me to be first in Bangla GEC' 'pay me to be first in Bangla News' etc., not 'Pay me money to be first in Bangla' @JollyLNB

Exactly bro, I like Dish TV way of arranging channels. Channels are grouped by genre which is big plus.I would vote in favor of Dish TV above Tata sky/SD in this regard.

Last edited:
Adtv now stop giving hero boxes from last year itself & start concentrate on hevc technology stb so obviously now it becomes old technology

Btwn adtv now stop giving software support for huwaei stb boxes i guess hero stb too

May i know when u got the last software update in ur stb ??

I am not using old technology. It's the latest software they have. They can easily change the software to support 50 channels in favorites or enable genre locking.

But they're not doing it, probably because they don't take user feedback on their software designs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock