Is this the Right Time to Launch a UHD Channel?

• Thread starter kmb1000
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 105
  • Views: Views 7,894
Prateek Marwadi said:
bro thats y i asked ur opinion. heading of this thread is........ so atleast reply to it whether its right time or not.

Correct! Instead of finding mistakes in my post, please add some of your opinions too!! I am not seeing any opinion in your posts in this thread except repeating the same question that thread starter asked.

My opinion: It will be succeeded. But I am not sure if this is the right time.

Sadiq said:
Correct! Instead of finding mistakes in my post, please add some of your opinions too!! I am not seeing any opinion in your posts in this thread except repeating the same question that thread starter asked.

My opinion: It will be succeeded. But I am not sure if this is the right time.

:lol:lol:lol
bro... not finding mistakes in ur post otherwise v have to wake up for the whole night:lol:lol:lol

i dint say anything bcoz u n many other knows i m against this
so dint want to repeat myself
d2h has 3d channel also. this shud b closed n 1 more hd channel or 4sd channel shud b added. they shud have easily replaced this with sshd4 but it cudn't b so.

waiting for the prices to come down (uhdtvs) so that everyone has access on that - v shud enhance the utilization of the resources available in present rather than to b future protective.

both d2h n tata sky have less no. of channels.
d2h has 24-25 hindi news channels so tell me do v really need them?
for news channels what is the need of 25 channels - news is news.
12-15 news channels r more than enough. every body have the same news n content n format.

so instead of providing more n more same kind of channels, d2h shud provide the missing channels. atleast 25 channels r missing in d2h (both english n hindi).

11 hindi devotional channels - what u want? india is a superstitious country n by having all those channels, v r focusing more n more on ..... instead of uniting one.

shopping channels - 2 3 shopping channels r ok but what is the need of more than that?

don't u people really think that v r being cheated by d2h?
please add the valuable missing channels as i m a customer n i want this instead of dhongi baba channels n shopping channels.

3D was failed because it's pain to watch movies with glasses on & it's not advisable to children also.
4k having future subject to
1.Broadcasting standard finalization - This year expected
2.Content availability - More groups are behind 4K, from production to distribution
3.Cost - Now it's in that path only (4K TV available @ price of good HD TV)
4.4K ready HD TV also available even more cheaper price
At least for one year 4K is for enthusiastic people only, but the technology will have very bright future in coming years.

Early adapters will be facing some technical issues, will be sorted out by early next year.
There are new standards in pipeline
1.Audio (decoding) pass through hdmi: Link Removed, atmos
2.hdmi 2.0 (most of the 4K tv coming with latest standard)
3.USB 3.1 (future standard)
4.MHL HD (some of them comply)
5.HEVC (most of the 4K tv coming with latest standard)

Not the right time to start dedicated UHD channel but its absolutely the right time to start UHD services providing VOD and pay per view services so that it helps nurturing an ecosystem for UHD and increase the demand for it. I think the right time to start dedicated UHD channels will be from 2018 onwards. I believe there should be content for all so UHD tv owners should also enjoy the fruits of their investments :) Remember its because of them us poor people will be able to buy UHD tvs later at cheaper prices :)

@sagar.patnaik i suggest u to purchase a second hand uhd tv as it ll cost u less. u wanted to wait always y bro?

they just wanted to fool us.
1) i purchased a hd ready tv in diwali 2010 n that too of sony bravia- the then existed costliest tv which i have seen

how many hd channels v have - so i was fooled made by this only

2) paid 90000 for lg 3d full hd led tv - so i was made fool once again

how many 3d channels v have?

hd was started way back in 2008 -2009 but still v have 40-42 hd channels which is available only in dish tv others r way behind

3d channel - stb boxes r 3d boxes - b future ready - me or my grandson

so how many times v ll b fooled again n again.

don't u think v r being cheated?

except dishtv tell me which other dth has more than 30 hd channels?
so kindly concentrate on this first rather than launching new technologies?

Prateek Marwadi said:
@sagar.patnaik i suggest u to purchase a second hand uhd tv as it ll cost u less. u wanted to wait always y bro?

they just wanted to fool us.
1) i purchased a hd ready tv in diwali 2010 n that too of sony bravia- the then existed costliest tv which i have seen

how many hd channels v have - so i was fooled made by this only

2) paid 90000 for lg 3d full hd led tv - so i was made fool once again

how many 3d channels v have?

hd was started way back in 2008 -2009 but still v have 40-42 hd channels which is available only in dish tv others r way behind

3d channel - stb boxes r 3d boxes - b future ready - me or my grandson

so how many times v ll b fooled again n again.

don't u think v r being cheated?

except dishtv tell me which other dth has more than 30 hd channels?
so kindly concentrate on this first rather than launching new technologies?

You did a mistake to judge the market, its your fault. Current 4K tvs and broadcasts are not as per FCC standards coz they announced the standards in nov or dec 2014. The equipment as per the standards will be available from 2016 onwards. I wont buy a 2nd hand Tv specially when its not upto the standards. Frankly speaking 3D looks good only in big Tvs 65 inch+ so I was never a fan of 3D in small tvs I knew it wont succeed another reason for failure of 3D is that you cannot watch long hours of 3D programming u ll feel headache after watching continuously for 2 hrs. But I know future is 4K and slowly but surely 4K contents will increase. Remember 4K is better quality and 3D is just an added dimension. Lack of HD channels is an issue majorly driven by poor planning and govt regulation to source tps from ISRO. Its not due to lack of demand. 2018-19 4K will kick off in a big way

don't want to argue with u as i know u have a great knowledge about uhd n hd.
but i know economics very well - demand n supply has to b equal for any economy to b developed
this was as a whole for the nation but for any concept to b successful n succeeded, one has to understand demand shud always equal to supply.

if either of the two lacks, problem occurs. supply is there for hd tvs but demand is very less as i think only 2-3 % of india's total population is watching hds.

if supply is more n more in terms of hd content, demand wud also increase.
so applying the same concept - more n more demand means lower prices for the end users so if hd channels r more n more then demand would rise n also the hd fees wud b less as more n more people wud subscribe to it.

so its a simple formula y dth players can't understand?
provide more n more hd channels n then see the demand wud increase significantly.

Guys,

One general question. Whether this discussion is about the 4K launch in Videocon D2H or 4K launch in general across all DTH?

I am asking this since I can see some points like the availability of HD channels in India among all DTH and also the availability of 4K channels. These factors are seem like common across all DTH.

Please confirm guys!

@ sadiq sir
just to confirm u once again
the heading of this thread is Is this the Right Time to Launch a UHD Channel? so we r just giving the reason why n why not - Is this the Right Time to Launch a UHD Channel?

Prateek Marwadi said:
don't want to argue with u as i know u have a great knowledge about uhd n hd.
but i know economics very well - demand n supply has to b equal for any economy to b developed
this was as a whole for the nation but for any concept to b successful n succeeded, one has to understand demand shud always equal to supply.

if either of the two lacks, problem occurs. supply is there for hd tvs but demand is very less as i think only 2-3 % of india's total population is watching hds.

if supply is more n more in terms of hd content, demand wud also increase.
so applying the same concept - more n more demand means lower prices for the end users so if hd channels r more n more then demand would rise n also the hd fees wud b less as more n more people wud subscribe to it.

so its a simple formula y dth players can't understand?
provide more n more hd channels n then see the demand wud increase significantly.

Sometimes you need to do a business in loss initially just to increase demand. In HD case the money lost in HD was recovered from SD. In 4K money will be recovered from SD and HD both. So 4K is not profitable now but you need to invest in technology. Let the rich buy 4K tvs and later when price drops we will buy it. If the rich doesnt buy then technology will never become affordable. Next decade u ll buy a new tv every 4-5 years coz technology on tvs will change that fast just like its happening in mobile phones.

In a simple example you cannot say govt should only think about poor people and not think about the rich guys. Govt needs to think about everyone. Similarly DTH should also think about everyone. They hve option for SD, HD and UHD customers. Its upto you what you want to watch.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock