ISRO General News & Updates

abhinaba said:
From which yearly budget/annual report you got this info ?

Bro, I am not reading any report and telling. I have seen the A8 engine recently. That why I can tell you sure that the A8 engine was not flown in D5 mission

abhinaba said:
Have you read out 2012-13 report ? If not then read it thoroughly.

Please post the link of the Report or give a screenshot of the portion telling about A8 engine used in D5 mission.

Rishithulyan said:
Please post the link of the Report or give a screenshot of the portion telling about A8 engine used in D5 mission.
ISRO in its 2010-11 outcome budget clearly mentioned about realisation of A7 engine for its upcoming MK II flight where CUS-04 will be used & also gave reference of A6 engine for CUS-03. CUS-04 never flown, so if A6 was the 1st flight certified engine for GSLV Mk II then series wise A8 should go to CUS-05. Yes there was no official confirmation, it is only assumption. But if you saw the engine yourself then how can i argue with you as there is no photo or media report about it .

Rishithulyan said:
Bro, I am not reading any report and telling. I have seen the A8 engine recently. That why I can tell you sure that the A8 engine was not flown in D5 mission
Where you have seen the A8 engine ?

abhinaba said:
ISRO in its 2010-11 outcome budget clearly mentioned about realisation of A7 engine for its upcoming MK II flight where CUS-04 will be used & also gave reference of A6 engine for CUS-03. CUS-04 never flown, so if A6 was the 1st flight certified engine for GSLV Mk II then series wise A8 should go to CUS-05. Yes there was no official confirmation, it is only assumption.

It was A7 engine which flew in CUS-05. The allocation of engine and stage for mission and it's numbering/naming is not always in the sequence which you guess.

A8 engine is not yet flown. You will read about A8 engine's successful flight in the current financial year's Report. That's only I can tell you now.

(But it is not my assumption. I am telling what I have verified by myself. You will realise it within 60 days.)

ISRO Successfully Tests C25 Cryogenic Upper Stage of GSLV MkIII
.​

Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully ground tested its indigenously developed Cryogenic Upper Stage for GSLV MkIII on January 25, 2017. The cryogenic stage designated as C25 was tested for a duration of 50 seconds at ISRO Propulsion Complex (IPRC) in Mahendragiri demonstrating all the stage operations. The performance of the Stage during the test was as predicted. This is the first test in a series of two tests. The next test is planned for flight duration of 640 seconds. The 50 second test is a significant milestone in the development of indigenous cryogenic propulsion technology. The successful hot test of the stage in the first attempt itself demonstrates ISRO’s ability to work in new areas like cryogenic technology. The development of C25 cryogenic stage began with the approval of GSLV MKIII, the next generation launch vehicle of ISRO, capable of launching 4 ton class spacecraft in Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit (GTO). The vehicle consists of two solid strap-on motors (S200), one earth storable liquid core stage (L110) and the cryogenic stage upper stage (C25). The C25 stage was conceptualised, designed and realised by Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre (LPSC), ISRO’s lead Centre for Propulsion, with support from various System Development Agencies from other three Centres of ISRO – Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), ISRO Propulsion Complex (IPRC) and Sathish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) SHAR. The fabrication of various sub- systems of the engine and the stage was carried out through Indian Industries. The C25 stage is the most powerful upper stage developed by ISRO and uses Liquid Oxygen (LOX) and Liquid Hydrogen (LH2) propellant combination. The stage carries 27.8 tons of propellants loaded in two independent tanks. Development of a cryogenic stage has unique design challenges, with liquid Hydrogen stored at -253 deg C and liquid Oxygen stored at -195 deg C in its tanks. To store these cryogenic fluids, special multi-layer insulation is provided for the tanks and other structures. The first flight stage for GSLV MkIII-D1 mission is in advanced stage of realisation. The flight engine has been successfully tested in the High Altitude Test (HAT) facility and integrated with the flight stage.

Source: ISRO Successfully Tests C25 Cryogenic Upper Stage of GSLV MkIII - ISRO

Great news. But sadly we can built cryogenic engine but cannot built jet engine. What a shame to DRDO

Rishithulyan said:
It was A7 engine which flew in CUS-05. The allocation of engine and stage for mission and it's numbering/naming is not always in the sequence which you guess.

A8 engine is not yet flown. You will read about A8 engine's successful flight in the current financial year's Report. That's only I can tell you now.

(But it is not my assumption. I am telling what I have verified by myself. You will realise it within 60 days.)

yah, you are right. I just crosschecked my data with outcome budget report of 2013-14 & found that "Flight assembly of main engine(A7) & steering engines (SE 18 & SE 22), integration of engines to stage(CUS-05) .........." has been completed during 2012-13.

@ Rishithulyan can you give us any insight on choosing of grey/black colour scheme for GSLV's CUS ?
CALT, Arianespace are using white coloured CUS for decades.
Beside, thermal insulation of GSLV's CUS looks like more rugged than its Chinese counterpart (Second stage - CZ-5-HO).

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock