issue in Concealed cabling in home for DTH

connect the post 8 connecter to the wall socket then use DTH cable came from stb( with attached post 4 connecter ) to the spiral side of that L connecter. Your box will receive signal.
Bro, it correct. He asking like , u mentioned picture, with the panel as direct fit in switch board as his cable TV socket.

The board first like u. I removed the top.
YDNGVNB.jpg

And this cable directly fit with STB
PSmVCNK.jpg

I plan to cover the board with a small holed mica board.

uL0C6St.jpg

You don't remove the whole board. Remove the rounded one and remove the cable socket already had. Bring the cable inside the small hole and fix it as it is, Bro.

Yes Bro. You told connector in use to join the cables. Incase we need extra cable, it use.

I used it in SCV set top box some 6 years before. As you can see, the connector have two sides. One is spiral. The other end is to be connected to his wall socket. It will be fitting as like old cable TV socket. Now the spiral screw type one will be on the socket to which we need to connect DTH cable (the one you shared in your post).

You have at least two options while keeping the good looks of the concealed cabling.

• Use a converter/adapter like the one mentioned in this post. It comes in a different variant too as shown below (note that it is the same connector from different angles). You will need to purchase it yourself separately. Insert the TV PAL male plug into the switchboard. Then connect a cable shown in this post, from F-type female jack to the STB input (which is also an F-type female jack).
H0vaoxo.jpg
This still might not satisfy the Tata Sky technician, and he will be correct too. The signal quality will heavily depend on whether a proper connection was made inside of the switchboard (the other side of TV PAL female plug on the switchboard). In that case look for another option below...​

• Replace the existing connector on your switchboard with an F-type female to female coupler/adapter like the one below.
sN3igRs.jpg
The cable coming from the dish antenna/LNB will go into one side of this connector (and it will remain hidden inside the switchboard). The other side should be visible outside the switchboard. This will be connected to the STB in the same way as mentioned in the first option above. The Tata Sky technician should have all the needed connectors for this option and you should not need to purchase anything extra.​

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock