Issue in dolby digital sound over HDMI

• Thread starter anuj_t
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 104
  • Views: Views 23,578
May I know your STB make and model?

As of now, I have not found full proof solution to this problem. Optical cable gives better results but still fails sometimes or gives hissing noise on dolby enabled channels. HDMI ARC has best quality whenever it works but unfortunately it has very low success rate on technicolor HEVC box and Sony HT IV300

Hi Anuj,

I have --Link Removed-- Airtel Digital TV HD HEVC.

I have used right now SPDIF cable to connect to IV300 just for a work around. The only issue with this setup is remote do not get linked with TV. You have to manage TV and IV300 volumes separately.

I also had turned off the CEC Settings on TV.

You can go to DroidSettings in App listing of TV to setup few more features around audio and video. Like DTS settings is at 0% which compresses the low level voice which should not be good for clear sounds etc..

MOD NOTE : Do not post unofficial YouTube links here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Anuj,

I have --Link Removed-- Airtel Digital TV HD HEVC.

I have used right now SPDIF cable to connect to IV300 just for a work around. The only issue with this setup is remote do not get linked with TV. You have to manage TV and IV300 volumes separately.

I also had turned off the CEC Settings on TV.

You can go to DroidSettings in App listing of TV to setup few more features around audio and video. Like DTS settings is at 0% which compresses the low level voice which should not be good for clear sounds etc..

MOD NOTE : Do not post unofficial YouTube links here.
Yes. TV remote will stop controlling HT audio if CEC is turned off as in this case, TV sends command to HT via HDMI CEC.

I suggest you to pair your TV remote to HT if TV remote supports IR based pairing. IR based pairing directly controls paired device.

Alternatively, you can use airtel remote to control STB as well as HT volume. I have paired HT volume up/down, HT on/off and TV on/off with airtel. This way, I only use airtel remote 99% time. I end up picking TV remote only for TV settings / smart tv functions. HT remote is required only to access HT settings.

Airtel remote supports IR based pairing and it is a very robust way of pairing. Only one time setup is required which is fairly easy in case of airtel.

@anuj_t bro, you pairrd TV On/Off and HT On/Off with two different buttons on airtel remote right?

@anuj_t bro, you pairrd TV On/Off and HT On/Off with two different buttons on airtel remote right?
Yes. TV on/off with TV button and HT on/off with a/v button. Forgot to mention that I have also paired HT mute button with airtel mute button. All this setup works flawlessly.

Yes. TV on/off with TV button and HT on/off with a/v button. Forgot to mention that I have also paired HT mute button with airtel mute button. All this setup works flawlessly.
I have similar setup, except I paired the A/V button with Input on the HT AV receiver. This is because, HT gets switched off automatically when I switch the TV off.

Hi, Today im facing audio input signal fluctuations on my Onkyo Hometheatre, tried changing all hdmi cables, my connection Airtel stb to onkyo over hdmi, onkyo to tv hdmi arc,.. does anyobe facing same issues

Hi, Today im facing audio input signal fluctuations on my Onkyo Hometheatre, tried changing all hdmi cables, my connection Airtel stb to onkyo over hdmi, onkyo to tv hdmi arc,.. does anyobe facing same issues
No issues, I am using exactly same configuration.

Give a try factory reset all three stab, recover, Tv.

Last edited:
In Some HD channels or SD channels Action comes first then action..

Any solution for this.. Delay option done 0 t0 200 but same issue

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock