Issue in dolby digital sound over HDMI

• Thread starter anuj_t
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 104
  • Views: Views 23,585
Do you mean that this issue persists even with optical cable?

Yes. I used to face this issue till last week until i changed the optical cable, got new one from local dealer, not faced after changing till now.

But i used to not face this audio loss issue in HDMI ARC.

I too have HT-IV 300 and faced similar issue. After so many checks found Dolby is possible only through optical. Airtel STB is not supporting dolby through HDMI (Strange!!). It will only support stereo in HDMI. So my suggestion is to go for optical cable and connect optical out from stb to optical in of IV 300. This will work and u can feel good effect. This is after I've tried so many connectivity options.

It doesn't make sense to select Dolby Digital Plus when the HT only has 5 channels. On airtel, Dolby Digital Plus means it's coming from broadcaster. They don't provide Dolby Digital Plus when it's not available from broadcaster. And the audio is original, no manipulations in the middle.

Try the below.

1. Connect STB HDMI out to HDMI IN1 of HT.
2. Connect HT HDMI out to normal HDMI in of TV (Non ABC)
3. Change the audio over HDMI to Dolby Digital on the STB settings.

Clear Audio Plus is a good option, I think it need not be changed. However, I don't remember the other options available on IV300. Please give the list.
Tried this option but result was exactly same.

I too have HT-IV 300 and faced similar issue. After so many checks found Dolby is possible only through optical. Airtel STB is not supporting dolby through HDMI (Strange!!). It will only support stereo in HDMI. So my suggestion is to go for optical cable and connect optical out from stb to optical in of IV 300. This will work and u can feel good effect. This is after I've tried so many connectivity options.
Yes, looks like I will have to give up on HDMI and try with optical.

That's not true. It might be an issue only with the technicolor box. Old hero box doesn't have this issue. My brother in law uses IV300 with HDMI cable and Dolby is perfectly fine. His STB is hero.

That's not true. It might be an issue only with the technicolor box. Old hero box doesn't have this issue. My brother in law uses IV300 with HDMI cable and Dolby is perfectly fine. His STB is hero.
I am now asking technician to bring other make STB for testing. Any idea how many manufacturers are there for airtel HD STB right now and their names?

I am now asking technician to bring other make STB for testing. Any idea how many manufacturers are there for airtel HD STB right now and their names?
I think they have only two right now for HD. Flextronics and Technicolor.

I'm not facing any issues with airtel HD stb I'm getting perfect DD sound and awesome pic clarity I'm also using iv300

I'm not facing any issues with airtel HD stb I'm getting perfect DD sound and awesome pic clarity I'm also using iv300
Share your STB model bro. Also share details on how you connected and settings, as you use same HT.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock