Issue in dolby digital sound over HDMI

anuj_t

Registered
Something strange! Issue seems to have resolved. Technician visited and I could reproduce this issue. But he changed resolution back to 1080i from 1080p (I had set it that way). Since then, I am not able to reproduce this. As per technician, this is a known issue for some STBs and will get resolved with firmware updates. He has advised to keep resolution to 1080i only. I really hope I don't face this again!

Lalu zn

Registered
This is software pblm of your stb model... Simple Trick.. Press HDMI 1 (if stb connected in HDMI 2) on htiv300 then change channel after that press hdmi2
This way u can avoid a restart

Siva

Staff member
Dream SMOD
Glad that you are not facing the issue anymore. 1080p doesn't make sense anyway, as we don't have any channels at that resolution. However, I wonder how the resolution setting had affected the audio! Strange!!

anuj_t

Registered
Glad that you are not facing the issue anymore. 1080p doesn't make sense anyway, as we don't have any channels at that resolution. However, I wonder how the resolution setting had affected the audio! Strange!!
Yes, this has left me puzzled. Looks pure software glitch!
Anyway, everything all right now and I am very happy with airtel HD quality, especially audio. It is crisp, clear and natural on most of channels. Dolby audio has more depth and surround effects. PQ too is considerably better, especially in motion blur and pixelation department. Current state of airtel reminds me of what TS used to provide till Oct/Nov 2017. Hope airtel doesn't deteriorate as they add new channels in future.

Top Bottom