Issue in dolby digital sound over HDMI

• Thread starter anuj_t
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 104
  • Views: Views 23,588
No. It still has random issues. No setup works perfectly. I have tried all possible combinations.
Yes exactly. Have u raised this complaint to sony/ airtel service centre?? There must be some solution to this. How u r managing now. It's disheartening to face this issue every now and then. Requesting other members who have this model to share their setup.

Yes exactly. Have u raised this complaint to sony/ airtel service centre?? There must be some solution to this. How u r managing now. It's disheartening to face this issue every now and then. Requesting other members who have this model to share their setup.
I wrote to both and airtel has provided vague answers like we may not support all HT systems and we do not assure 100% compatibility with all models etc.

Sony had given standard reply that issue should be resolved with factory reset etc. They were not ready to acknowledge the exact problem. I gave up on them.

I am suspecting that issue is from Sony's end only as some videocon DTH users too have reported same issue. There appears to be a problem with audio codec compatibility.

I will start writing and following up with sony again. You too please do. Do let me know if you have direct email ID of concerned senior person from Sony.

Guys, as I said before this stb produce Dolby only with optical connection to HT-IV 300. I do not suspect Sony on this as it has to come from broadcaster and airtel is not supporting over HDMI particularly with this stb. I had a discussion with one of the airtel engineer and he said they are not supporting over HDMI and he asked me to try with optical. It works fine for me with optical.

Guys, as I said before this stb produce Dolby only with optical connection to HT-IV 300. I do not suspect Sony on this as it has to come from broadcaster and airtel is not supporting over HDMI particularly with this stb. I had a discussion with one of the airtel engineer and he said they are not supporting over HDMI and he asked me to try with optical. It works fine for me with optical.
Are you not facing any sound issue with your setup??
As anuj bro and many others have also tried with optical cable but problem still persists.

I wrote to both and airtel has provided vague answers like we may not support all HT systems and we do not assure 100% compatibility with all models etc.

Sony had given standard reply that issue should be resolved with factory reset etc. They were not ready to acknowledge the exact problem. I gave up on them.

I am suspecting that issue is from Sony's end only as some videocon DTH users too have reported same issue. There appears to be a problem with audio codec compatibility.

I will start writing and following up with sony again. You too please do. Do let me know if you have direct email ID of concerned senior person from Sony.
I have already raised service request to sony and technical Engineer visit is scheduled by Monday. They have taken my issue to higher level also. But I think problem is from Airtel side only because except stb all other inputs are working superbly on IV300.
Is it good to change stb to other make which is working flawless??

I have already raised service request to sony and technical Engineer visit is scheduled by Monday. They have taken my issue to higher level also. But I think problem is from Airtel side only because except stb all other inputs are working superbly on IV300.
Is it good to change stb to other make which is working flawless??
Other STB may work just fine as I have read about issues from Technicolor HEVC STB only. In Tata Sky too, one particular model of technicolor HEVC STB has exact same problem with HT IV300. In videocon, I don't know which model has issues.

Before changing STB, please try to go to root cause with help of engineers of Sony and airtel. If it is found, concerned party may able to resolve it software update.

My location where this setup is very remote. There's only one guy from airtel to whom company sends for any kind of issue and he could not help me with problem. I doubt if sony at all serves my location with tech support engineers.

Last edited:
Optical cable has reduced the occurrence of problm but it still persists. With HDMI, it fails literally 9/10 times whereas with optical, failure rate is around 3/10 times.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock