Issue in dolby digital sound over HDMI

• Thread starter anuj_t
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 104
  • Views: Views 23,584
Bro Airtel is good I know,
But the service the experience now I had with them is very bad not except able, They are cheating the whole public by the fake promotions like say that they are supporting something which they are really not.
Not really. we do enjoy dolby digital and HD video everyday. It is highly likely that these's some technical issue somewhere. HDMI ARC and CEC is not really a standard format. Even in my yamaha AVR, the HDMI cec stopped working. I reset the AVR (you see, resetting will reset all the fine tuning and huge time will be spent setting things up). Now both hdmi arc and hdmi cec stopped working. Did the reset once again and it fixed cdmi-arc issue but cec wasn't working. Then cec started working between the TV and AVR but not between AVR and chrome cast. Today, everything seem to work properly.

The only way we can troubleshoot things will be trial and error, sadly.

Last edited:
Not really. we do enjoy dolby digital and HD video everyday. It is highly likely that these's some technical issue somewhere. HDMI ARC and CEC is not really a standard format. Even in my yamaha AVR, the HDMI cec stopped working. I reset the AVR (you see, resetting will reset all the fine tuning and huge time will be spent setting things up). Now both hdmi arc and hdmi cec stopped working. Did the reset once again and it fixed cdmi-arc issue but cec wasn't working. Then cec started working between the TV and AVR but not between AVR and chrome cast. Today, everything seem to work properly.

The only way we can troubleshoot things will be trial and error, sadly.
I completely understand his pain as I have gone through this. But believe me, despite trying everything, I am not able to resolve this issue. The same setup works flawlessly with Tata Sky.

I agree that airtel is far superior in HD and dolby but if their solutions do not completely work then they will have to find alternatives. I have seen many people complaining about this now. I am myself not getting time to follow-up this due to busy work schedule, infact I have been out of home for most of the days since last couple of home. I will take this matter with nodal and senior persons of airtel. I hope others to escalate this and let's see how airtel responds.

Changing this option to stereo reduces the occurrence of problem but that's not a solution for a HT.
Nope, @shyampk said it's not working at all, so I just wanted to understand what setting he has in there!

I completely understand his pain as I have gone through this. But believe me, despite trying everything, I am not able to resolve this issue. The same setup works flawlessly with Tata Sky.

I agree that airtel is far superior in HD and dolby but if their solutions do not completely work then they will have to find alternatives. I have seen many people complaining about this now. I am myself not getting time to follow-up this due to busy work schedule, infact I have been out of home for most of the days since last couple of home. I will take this matter with nodal and senior persons of airtel. I hope others to escalate this and let's see how airtel responds.
I agree. It is frustrating. :(

Guys I have raised the issue with nodal officer but there is no update from them, apart from explaining things to each and every one, really fed up.

This issue is only with the new box, Old model box working fine I have tested it through hdmi itself.

Guys I have raised the issue with nodal officer but there is no update from them, apart from explaining things to each and every one, really fed up.

This issue is only with the new box, Old model box working fine I have tested it through hdmi itself.
You need to answer my question on post 67.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock