Issue in dolby digital sound over HDMI

• Thread starter anuj_t
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 104
  • Views: Views 23,579
Yeah, you have the hero box and that doesn't have any issues with the audio on IV300.

Something strange! Issue seems to have resolved. Technician visited and I could reproduce this issue. But he changed resolution back to 1080i from 1080p (I had set it that way). Since then, I am not able to reproduce this. As per technician, this is a known issue for some STBs and will get resolved with firmware updates. He has advised to keep resolution to 1080i only. I really hope I don't face this again!

This is software pblm of your stb model... Simple Trick.. Press HDMI 1 (if stb connected in HDMI 2) on htiv300 then change channel after that press hdmi2
This way u can avoid a restart

Glad that you are not facing the issue anymore. 1080p doesn't make sense anyway, as we don't have any channels at that resolution. However, I wonder how the resolution setting had affected the audio! Strange!!

Glad that you are not facing the issue anymore. 1080p doesn't make sense anyway, as we don't have any channels at that resolution. However, I wonder how the resolution setting had affected the audio! Strange!!
Yes, this has left me puzzled. Looks pure software glitch!
Anyway, everything all right now and I am very happy with airtel HD quality, especially audio. It is crisp, clear and natural on most of channels. Dolby audio has more depth and surround effects. PQ too is considerably better, especially in motion blur and pixelation department. Current state of airtel reminds me of what TS used to provide till Oct/Nov 2017. Hope airtel doesn't deteriorate as they add new channels in future.

Something strange! Issue seems to have resolved. Technician visited and I could reproduce this issue. But he changed resolution back to 1080i from 1080p (I had set it that way). Since then, I am not able to reproduce this. As per technician, this is a known issue for some STBs and will get resolved with firmware updates. He has advised to keep resolution to 1080i only. I really hope I don't face this again!
Is it working fine till now with no problem?? I'm also facing same issue since two days.

Someone please share best working solution to this problem. I am having HT IV300 , TV with HDMI (ARC) Port and Airtel Technicolor HVEC HD Set Top Box.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock