Issue with the STB

• Thread starter sumedha
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 32
  • Views: Views 4,426

sumedha

Reaction score
I am having a weird issue from the last few days and not sure whether this is an issue with the ongoing updates or my STB is defective.

When I turn on the STB home channel loads. I can even go in to channels like Cartoon Network (although I am not getting the sound). When I tune in to a HD channel, everything goes blank as I do not see the pictures.

Fro that time onwards, I see the menu on the STB I can change channels but the screen is completely black. Only option to get the pictures back is to restart the STB. (sometimes it restarts itself after this)

Can someone help me ?

sumedha said:
I am having a weird issue from the last few days and not sure whether this is an issue with the ongoing updates or my STB is defective.

When I turn on the STB home channel loads. I can even go in to channels like Cartoon Network (although I am not getting the sound). When I tune in to a HD channel, everything goes blank as I do not see the pictures.

Fro that time onwards, I see the menu on the STB I can change channels but the screen is completely black. Only option to get the pictures back is to restart the STB. (sometimes it restarts itself after this)

Can someone help me ?

I am also having exact same problem in my STB. What is your stb model and which package you are using.

Not sure what the STB model is .. this is the white receiver with the card locked in that comes with the RF remote. South platinum HD is my package

i got like same problem, i am complained about that, they replaced new stb, but quality is very poor in this new stb, old one is 3d hd stb, new is hd stb.

sumedha said:
Not sure what the STB model is .. this is the white receiver with the card locked in that comes with the RF remote. South platinum HD is my package

I also have the same model stb with same problem. Dont know how to resolved it. If your problem is resolved please update.

I am seeing the issue when I move to a channel like Star Movies HD or Colors HD.

I do not see the same problem when I go to Start Sports 1 HD or 2 HD.

Is there a way to force firmware update or request it through pressing a button ?

There is no way or any button to force firmware upgrade. Please keep your stb always on / stand by mode. Dont powere off your stb. I keep my stb always on for 2 days and it got upgraded automatically.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock