Janam TV lauching on April 19

Priyadarshan to launch a new Malayalam channel ''Janam TV'' in April

Cochin : The veteran film maker Priyadarshan is launching new Malayalam satellite channel ''Janama TV'' in the month of April 2015.

He officially announced the launch date as 19th April 2015.

Director priyadarshan said that Jawarlal Nehru Stadium at Cochin will host the inauguration event of Janam TV and Sree Sree Ravishankar will be the chief guest of Janam TV launch. It is also understood that Janam TV will be the first full :hd channel in Malayalam.

Janam is likely to have a programming line-up of News, Entertainment programs to promote nationalism and culture. While Director Priyadarshan will be the Chairman of the company Janam multimedia that runs the Channel, P.

Vishwarupan, a non-resident Indian who has been in the UAE for nearly four decades will be the Managing Director of Janam TV.

U.S. Krishnakumar, Janam TV channel's Director said that at the moment they are having a strong financial backing as the paid-up capital of the company has reached close to Rs.50 crore, which is the authorised capital of the company.

"Around 5,000 share holders have taken shares varying from Rs.25,000 to a maximum of Rs.five lakh. We are getting numerous people from various walks of life eager to support us," said Krishnakumar, a chartered accountant by profession and working in the UAE.

Priyadarshan refuted the charges that the channel is being backed by BJP & RSS stating "Neither the RSS or the BJP nor any other political party is backing this channel... instead there are 5,000 share holders who have contributed to this new channel," he said.

Stating that his vast experience in the film industry is going to be used for the new channel's benefit, the ace director later told IANS: "I want the channel to be used for positive things as, of late, many of the channels are only projecting the negatives."

Janam channel will use the satellite intelsat 17 for its transmission which is being used by majority of the Malayalam channels for the transmission.

The test signals of Janam TV will be started very soon.

It may be noted that Kairali arabia was launched couple of days before in Gulf and tvnews4u.com reported that flowers TV by Srikandan Nair and MediaOne gulf are expected to be launched in 2015.

The Kerala market has more than a dozen TV channels, of which two have recently gone off the air following a financial crunch, while another two are facing serious financial crisis.

http://tvnews4u.com/index.php?optio...an-to-launch-a-new-malayalam-channel-janam-tv

RE: Priyadarshan to launch a new Malayalam channel ''Janam TV'' in April

Gud News Guys The test signals of Janam TV will be started very soon.

RE: Priyadarshan to launch a new Malayalam channel ''Janam TV'' in April

I think it is already confirmed that the channel will be starting on April 19.

Janam TV lauching on April 19

I can see your comment also there in that thread before creating this thread! You should have posted in that thread itself. Isn't it?

Any chance of getting this channel added in D2H?
I hope they will have SD transition also bz with out the they cannot sustain in Kerala's present situation as majority of the cable operator and subscribers are still using SD box only.by the any body knows which license they have is it :hd or SD?

Arun K Aravind said:
Any chance of getting this channel added in D2H?
I hope they will have SD transition also bz with out the they cannot sustain in Kerala's present situation as majority of the cable operator and subscribers are still using SD box only.by the any body knows which license they have is it :hd or SD?

HD is the only way they can get viewership in Malayalam market because the channeel is backed by bjp which is not strong in the state...

It will be HD ready (shot in HD & telecast in SD)
Hope they will start HD,
Then most of the other channels have to follow.
May digital cables will carry the HD channels, Less chance for DTH

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock