Discussion Malayalam TV channels General Discussion, News, Updates

Most of the Malayalam channels are FREE,but it is not good for viewers in my opinion.

Amrita TV is a free channel which shows movies,news,religious programs etc.
Malayalam movie Odiyan was telecasted during Vishu day from 1:30 PM to 6:25 PM.(Thus,full of ads)

These free channels are now concentrating on ads only...

Most of the Malayalam channels are FREE,but it is not good for viewers in my opinion.

Malayalam movie Odiyan was telecasted during Vishu day from 1:30 PM to 6:25 PM.(Thus,full of ads)

Bro according to u which channels r good
We tv, amrita tv, kaumudy,karalitv flowers tv, MMtv

Bro according to u which channels r good
We tv, amrita tv, kaumudy,karalitv flowers tv, MMtv
Flowers & MM tv is having quality shows for free and MM HD is also free.

Kairali TV is showing movies that are running in Asianet also.

Kaumudy tv is mainly a news channel.

Making it pay doesn't mean that they don't show ads. It depends on one's ethics to show how much ad for revenue. Amrita TV is not the only way to watch Odiyan. They aquired satellite right for money. So they can market it on their wish on TV.
Government has control over content but not the quantity of ads. One has the right to show 24 hr ad(eg. naptol) on TV. It is our freedom to watch or skip.
As TV is a mass communication system customization is never possible ie, even if I'm ready to pay good amount to completely avoid ads, it's impossible. Here comes the role of digital platforms and can be casted to TV.
If a channel is FREE atleast we don't loss money.

Making it pay doesn't mean that they don't show ads. It depends on one's ethics to show how much ad for revenue. Amrita TV is not the only way to watch Odiyan. They aquired satellite right for money. So they can market it on their wish on TV.
Government has control over content but not the quantity of ads. One has the right to show 24 hr ad(eg. naptol) on TV. It is our freedom to watch or skip.
As TV is a mass communication system customization is never possible ie, even if I'm ready to pay good amount to completely avoid ads, it's impossible. Here comes the role of digital platforms and can be casted to TV.
If a channel is FREE atleast we don't loss money.
Truth be told, Amrita deserves better recognition for what it is doing. Like the big players (Asianet, Surya and Mazhavil, and also Flowers), it is trying to show programming of all kinds and new movies also. Unfortunately this is not reflected in the TRP.

Truth be told, Amrita deserves better recognition for what it is doing. Like the big players (Asianet, Surya and Mazhavil, and also Flowers), it is trying to show programming of all kinds and new movies also. Unfortunately this is not reflected in the TRP.
Amrita is sidelined because it is assumed to be a spiritual+Hindu channel, even though such programmes are very less.
Other than big movies, their programmes have less viewers, mostly regular viewers of the channel.

They air variety programs but the problem is with their management and administration. Besides that they have a biased nature. As the owner is Mata Amritananda Mayi we could see news of her in bulletin and special programs promoting themselves. So I just skipped it from my subscription package even it's free.

Amrita tv used to be top in the ratings with their reality shows and all. that time popular director, Shyamaprasad was the head of the channel. Later, they changed the management due to politics and now the channel's performance is very poor. Amrita was the first channel to introduce popular reality shows like super singer and all. Also, their movie timings are quite weird compared to other gecs. Hopefully, they will be back to its old form.

Amrita is sidelined because it is assumed to be a spiritual+Hindu channel
:skd::skd: I don't know any Hindu channels in Malayalam. Only Christian channels and one Muslim channel (Darshana TV, IIRC).
But Amrita is just a general GEC. How come this perception? :huh:

:skd::skd: I don't know any Hindu channels in Malayalam. Only Christian channels and one Muslim channel (Darshana TV, IIRC).
But Amrita is just a general GEC. How come this perception? :huh:
It is owned by hindu.

Mata Amrithanandamayi Math

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock