Sad News Many Sony channels removed from Tata Sky due to breakdown in contract negotiations (Sony Six HD Readded)

• Thread starter ayanc99
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,172
  • Views: Views 328,999
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Sony and Tata Sky are posing like they are innocents. In reality, both are disgusting beggars with no care for customers.
its TATASKY fault , check SPN response they haven't increased prices, its TS who dont want to pay them even the amount of last agreement

its TATASKY fault , check SPN response they haven't increased prices, its TS who dont want to pay them even the amount of last agreement
Exactly, Its fault of Tata Sky and they are trying to save their skin.

SPN has disputed Tata Sky’s claims, saying it has not raised the channel rates. Tata Sky has 16 million subscribers, a six-million jump over three years. Five million of these subscribers are HD subscribers, with the number growing steadily.
Sony issues strong statement against Tata Sky for switching off 32 channels

So sony is just asking for extra revenue from tata sky for extra subscribers it has added in last 3 years. Sony has every right to ask for that. Tata Sky is not providing its services for free. That means tata sky wants to charges its subscribers but does not want to pay to channel providers.

#IStandWithSony #NoSonyNoTataSky

My thoughts :
SPN has not increased their prices. But TataSky is demanding huge discounts from SPN (due to rise in competition), which SPN is not ready to give.
But both SPN and TataSky must realize that theirs is a symbiotic relationship with each other (i.e. Both need each other in order to survive). They should arrive at a mid point keeping in mind the greater good of the viewers.
Already, broadcast tv as we know it today is facing near extinction due to more affordable and beneficial streaming services, at least in the urban areas.
These kind of rifts between channel networks and dth/cable players will further propel this extinction.

Let Tataskycome down. Spn has right to ask for revenue . Tataskyis showing high handed behaviour. Even with other channels. Let its profits come down.

Let Tataskycome down. Spn has right to ask for revenue . Tataskyis showing high handed behaviour. Even with other channels. Let its profits come down.
Absolutely they are charging premium over other DTH operators and still has treated us the way it shouldn't be.

I pay 4365 for 6 months to tata sky when airtel is charging 3361 for similar packs (For my liking only MTV HD and MTV Beats HD not there )

For similar package I pay tata sky 1004 more in advance, not to drop channels I watch most.

You can't be so sure that only spn is innocent. Fault can be from either end

Analyze, people.

Sony says "We have not increased prices contrary to what you may be hearing"
and not something like "We have not increased prices contrary to what TataSky is telling you"

SPN is acting clever by NOT claiming that TS is telling Sony has increased prices but still making people think what they (SPN) want them to think. (As TS telling people that SPN has increased prices)

And in the other side, Tata Sky is telling "Commercial negotiations with the broadcasters broke down as what they were seeking would have forced us to hike our prices"
They too are not telling anything like "Commercial negotiations with the broadcasters broke down as SPN has increased the channel prices"

TS is putting SPN in fault by telling that their actions (in this case, not arriving at mutual agreement on discounts/prices/revenue) would have made them (TS) to increase the prices of TS packs. (Indirectly they too want people to think Sony has increased prices).

In reality, both are hungry for money and are acting like kids by putting blame on each other. They have lost the maturity they had earned in the industry. This is utterly shameful for both brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock