Discussion Marvel HQ is launching on 20th January replacing Disney XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this mean they should ruin their brand identity like what Disney Channel is doing? For a company that talks so much about Disney on their social media, the channel itself feels like it’s not even operated by Disney. And they have Hungama for third party shows. If they want to show Doraemon then limit it to 3/4 hours a day and show some Disney things as well as most of the time you can only see them at 12am.

Btw Marvel HQ stands for Marvel Headquarters. It’s their brand for Marvel kid shows.

Marvel Cartoons on Marvel HQ

I didn't get your point

Doraemon is very popular, so it is showing on Disney Channel all day, at the same time ruining their brand identity as it is not a Disney program

If they are tasting success with it then what is the problem ?
Survival of the fittest is the rule . If they changed all their shows and started airing their original USA made content and nobody is watching and resulting in low TRP then what is point of airing it ?

Survival of the fittest is the rule . If they changed all their shows and started airing their original USA made content and nobody is watching and resulting in low TRP then what is point of airing it ?
When was the last time they experimented with American shows? 10 years back. Right? Back then also everything that is now airing on Disney International HD was dubbed in Hindi.

The problem is sometimes there are zero Disney shows in the daily schedule, for example tomorrow they will only show at 12am. So technically Disney Channel is a failure if they have to always rely on third party content. They have Hungama for that.

And I am talking about their cartoons like Big Hero 6 series, DuckTales, Star vs. Forces of Evil. They are neglected.

Last edited:
The problem is sometimes there are zero Disney shows in the daily schedule, for example tomorrow they will only show at 12am. So technically Disney Channel is a failure if they have to always rely on third party content. They have Hungama for that.

First of all , Disney is 2 - 3 on TRP ratings.
And they are getting decent rating then what matters ? It's private company not public broadcaster like Doordarshan . If they did what you said , within year they could wind up their Disney brand out of Indian market .

When was the last time they experimented with American shows? 10 years back. Right? Back then also everything that is now airing on Disney International HD was dubbed in Hindi.

Did you think why they stopped airing dubbed international content then ??
Either they were not getting desired TRP ratings or they wanted to keep diseny as kids channel and launch new channel for Teenager content like they did by launching Disney international HD

And I am talking about their cartoons like Big Hero 6 series, DuckTales, Star vs. Forces of Evil. They are neglected.
You're kind of right here. If Disney is seeing success from shows like Doraemon instead of Disney original shows then it is like a failure. The shows that you've named including Gravity falls(by far Disney's best show of the decade) are actually very popular worldwide. These shows have very good plot too and not silly stuff which is of 0 value. But @Mystique is also not wrong entirely. If they're tasting success why should they stop it? As much as we dont like it these broadcasters will only telecast what gets them the viewers. The same reason why Animax failed in India is because the content wasn't appreciated enough here. I doubt disney would want that.

You're kind of right here. If Disney is seeing success from shows like Doraemon instead of Disney original shows then it is like a failure. The shows that you've named including Gravity falls(by far Disney's best show of the decade) are actually very popular worldwide. These shows have very good plot too and not silly stuff which is of 0 value. But @Mystique is also not wrong entirely. If they're tasting success why should they stop it? As much as we dont like it these broadcasters will only telecast what gets them the viewers. The same reason why Animax failed in India is because the content wasn't appreciated enough here. I doubt disney would want that.
I agree to an extent on this. But it is just sad what the quality of kids channels is in India. Kids channels in America are doing no better right now with horrible content but India has so much scope for kids content but how can you know if something will fail if you havent tried it in so many years?

I agree to an extent on this. But it is just sad what the quality of kids channels is in India. Kids channels in America are doing no better right now with horrible content but India has so much scope for kids content but how can you know if something will fail if you havent tried it in so many years?
Nobody wants to try. That's the issue. Motu Patlu on Nick gets very good viewership. So they will keep showing same type of shows with different names like Gattu Battu. Even shows like Ninja Hattori(old one not new) were decent. They've been completely scrapped. The taste for bad television comes from broadcasters themselves. If they want they can show good content but for that first they need to quit showing these. They need to try like you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock