MIB to enhance focus on enforcing law to make cable ops carry DD channels

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
The Ministryu of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) will enhance its focus on enforcing a rule which makes it mandatory for cable operators to carry more than 20 Doordarshan channels.

The matter came up for hearing at a meeting which I&B minister Venkaiah Naidu held with officials recently.

“The Minister said it should be ensured that Doordarshan and other channels which have to be mandatorily carried should be shown by all operators as per norms,” the PTI quoted an official said.

Earlier, the I&B ministry had issued a notification as per which cable operators must show more than 20 Doordarshan channels as well as as Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha TV channels to all subscribers in cities where digitisation has been implemented.

In areas which have not undergone complete digitisation, a few Doordarshan channels and the two parliament channels are mandatory for cable operators.

According to the report, officials said that it has been noticed that not all networks show all the required channels.

Incidentally, the I&B ministry had issued a notification asking all local cable operators (LCOs) and multi-system operators (MSOs) to show all the mandatory Doordarshan channels last year as well.

Read more at: http://www.televisionpost.com/television/mib-to-enhance-focus-on-enforcing-law-to-make-cable-ops-carry-dd-channels/ | TelevisionPost.com

The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) will enhance its focus on enforcing a rule which makes it mandatory for cable operators to carry more than 20 Doordarshan channels.
The matter came up for hearing at a meeting which I&B minister Venkaiah Naidu held with officials recently.

“The Minister said it should be ensured that Doordarshan and other channels which have to be mandatorily carried should be shown by all operators as per norms,” the PTI quoted an official said.

Earlier, the I&B ministry had issued a notification as per which cable operators must show more than 20 Doordarshan channels as well as as Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha TV channels to all subscribers in cities where digitisation has been implemented.

In areas which have not undergone complete digitisation, a few Doordarshan channels and the two parliament channels are mandatory for cable operators.

According to the report, officials said that it has been noticed that not all networks show all the required channels.

Incidentally, the I&B ministry had issued a notification asking all local cable operators (LCOs) and multi-system operators (MSOs) to show all the mandatory Doordarshan channels last year as well.

During his meeting with ministry officials recently, Naidu directed them to prepare a comprehensive policy on information and communication at the earliest.

The policy will specify role and responsibilities of various stakeholders to maximise the communication outreach to the people, sources in the ministry told PTI.

MIB to enhance focus on enforcing law to make cable ops carry DD channels | TelevisionPost.com

sorry bro, I was unable to find the thread. sorry once again bro. I try my level best not to repost the thread which are already posted but I didnot found it.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock