More Channels Soon on DD Direct +

• Thread starter Arjun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 57
  • Views: Views 45,763
yes during june month, we can see some channels to be added in dd direct.

Expansion of DD Direct Plus DTH Soon from 59 to 97 TV channels
www.ddindia.com | Child Page
This project envisages expansion of Doordarshan's present DTH platform "DO Direct
Plus". The present DTH Platform is up-linking 59 TV channels, 22 Radio channels and
2 DWDS channels in "Free- To- Air" mode. The platform is proposed to be expanded to
carry 97 TV Channels (96 SO channels and I HD channel), 40 Radio channels and one
DWDS (Disaster Warning Dissemination System) Channel in each stream. The present
uplink has 5 streams in MPEG 2, DVB-S configuration. Out of the 5 streams, 3 streams
are carrying (13+ I) SO channels per stream and are equipped with Tandberg make
Compression equipment. The remaining 2 streams are carrying (10+ I) SO channels per
stream and are equipped with Scopus make Compression equipment. All the 5 streams
are carrying 4 or 6 radio channels per stream at present. Stream 4 and 5 are also
carrying one DWDS channel each comprising of an audio channel along with
associated private data channel.
http://www.ddindia.gov.in/NR/rdonlyres/953E4E89-BF28-4351-AF41-F490297C09DB/381982/Packed1.pdf
Providing Of Expansion Of Doordarshan DTH Platform At New Delhi- New Delhi, Delhi, India - Prasar Bharati - Free tenders for Telecommunication Servi...
DD's DTH platform rejects 2 TV channels, 15 opt out
Indiantelevision.com's > Digital Edge> DD's DTH platform rejects 2 TV channels, 15 opt out

I had heard that DD will use only MPEG - 4 technology for new arriving channels now. I think those all will in MPEG - 4 format.

The news of 59 to 97 channels is roaming around for an year. It started in August last year and still we are yet to see any new channel addition.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock