MTV Roadies X2 to go on air from tomorrow

Dileep Kumar

Reaction score
After 11 successful years of adventure and drama, MTV is back with the twelfth season of its cult youth reality show, ‘Roadies’.

MTV Hero Roadies X2, powered by Vivo Smart Phone, will go on air from January 24. It will be telecast every Saturday at 7pm.

This season, the original Roadie, Rannvijay Singh, is joined by three gang leaders -- Olympic medalist Vijender Singh, actors Karan Kundra and Esha Deol.
Audiences are in for a big surprise as Roadies, the oldest and longest running reality TV show in India, has undergone a complete makeover.

This time around, participants will not just be competing against each other but also gangs. Each gang leader has selected five participants for his/ her teams through auditions held in Pune, Kolkata, Delhi and Chandigarh in December. The gangs and their leaders will compete against each other through a series of tasks. The gang leader and a gang member who stays till the end, winning the maximum number of tasks, will be adjudged the winner of MTV Hero Roadies X2.

“This year, Roadies X2 is crazier than ever! We visited four cities to hunt for our gang members. I am sure that the people I have picked are fantastic. What I am looking from Roadies X2 is people who are disciplined enough to go through all that it takes to become a roadie. I am sure that being the guy with the maximum experience here, my gang is going to ace it,” said Rannvijay Singh.

Vijender Singh says, “What I am looking for is passion. I am sure the people I have picked possess the heart of a roadie. So, all the other gangs better watch out.”
Deol, the first-ever woman judge and gang leader on the show, says, “My gang has its eye on the prize and we are playing to win. Also, being the first-ever female gang leader and judge on Roadies, I think I already have something that these boys thoroughly lack – a woman’s way of thinking.”

Kundra said, “Wars are won not with might, but with strategic planning. My gang is made of people who are not just strong but also smart.”

Following the audition episodes, the journey for Roadies X2 will begin in early February as the gangs ride along from Varanasi to Nepal.
“It’s the twelfth season and yet it feels like the first. The excitement of fans at the auditions is contagious and this drives us to make every season the best. This year, we are breaking the format and if there is one thing the fan can expect is the unexpected. With our four gang leaders – Rannvijay Singh, Vijender Singh, Karan Kundra and Esha Deol -- Roadies X2 is going to be a new experience,” said Aditya Swamy, EVP and Business Head, MTV India.

The show has Hero MotoCorp as the title sponsor.

MTV Roadies X2 to go on air from tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock