Multiple bidders in the fray to buy stake Zee Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes as per FDI rules Sony or any Foreign company cannot take over 50% or more in news Network as per law. That's why Star sold their news ch to ABP Govt raises FDI cap in news channels to 49%
Yes, but I didn't meant about that. Here Sony is trying to buy stakes in Zee entertainment. There is no cap for acquiring stakes in non news channels. Sony can acquire Zeel completely. But the legal problem I mentioned is something related to competition commission-if Sony moves to buy more than 50% stake in Zee may some barriers occur.it is almost similar condition like the failed Amazon - flipkart merger.

Yes, but I didn't meant about that. Here Sony is trying to buy stakes in Zee entertainment. There is no cap for acquiring stakes in non news channels. Sony can acquire Zeel completely. But the legal problem I mentioned is something related to competition commission-if Sony moves to buy more than 50% stake in Zee may some barriers occur.it is almost similar condition like the failed Amazon - flipkart merger.

But Zee network control lots of news chs and all are under registered under Zeel. If they want that way then they have to split the Zeel between news and non news only then Sony can buy non news company. And star, TV 18 along with lots of other network are preset so where is reduced competition ?

Last edited:
But Zee network control lots of news chs and all are under registered under Zeel. If they want that way then they have to split the Zeel between news and non news only then Sony can buy non news company. And star, TV 18 along with lots of other network are preset so where is reduced competition ?
They are already running as 2 division. Sony wants to buy stakes in Zee's entertainment division. Anyway clear picture is not available now.And I agree that competition issues may be nill or less if we consider TV 18,Star etc.
nvvI3fe.jpg

Last edited:
If Sony Corp does acquire 50% of ZEEL, any thoughts on how it would impact the other Sony channels operating in India?

If Sony Corp does acquire 50% of ZEEL, any thoughts on how it would impact the other Sony channels operating in India?
Not 50% they'll acquire 30-33% only :ok2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock