My experience with Airtel's a-la-cart package

abhinaba

Contributor
Reaction score
I have been using Airtel's a-la-cart pack since 23rd January,2011. At that time price of individual channel was too low. As normal pack at that time could not deliver quality channels I subscribed for a-la-cart pack. I was able to add 13 pay channels - maximum of them were in ₹10-15 price range, only HBO cost me ₹25. After that Airtel increased individual channel price & as a result there is no question of reshuffling of those channels added by me. Recently Airtel in its website reduces some of channel's price- specifically for infotainment & news channels. So I decided to deleting & adding same channels(here 4 channels viz. Discovery,NGC,Animal planet & RT) present in my pack.

But this is a one type of trap designed for us who are viewing premium channel at reduced price like star movies @15/month. After deletion of 4 channels my existing channel's price up as a result I gain no profit. By removing & adding same 4 channels I have to save ₹ 19 but star movie's price was up by ₹15 & HBO's by ₹10. So, Airtel virtually forced me to remove 1 channel from my pack & I have to choose the channel- for me it was star movies.

But I also cheat cc to gain some channel. There is two channels in same lcn no. with different price- fox traveller @ ₹5 and Fox life @ ₹30 . I simply directed reluctant cc to add fox traveller instead of fox life as it was available for that slot.

8a4e9484573151c5eed57240e4f4c973.png

At the end I can say a-la-cart pack is good for those customers who don't want to pay much but want to see premium channels. Besides if you don't reshuffle your channels you will not face any yearly inflation.

0543652c58288f45c486aebb9db53967.png

sehan said:
What about base pack.

Base pack is of ₹150 in which you have to add top-ups. Combined price of top-ups should be within ₹150.

₹150 + 14.5% service tax = ₹172/-

For my base pack - (FTA-10) all dd channels & local regional channels are free. Airtel also gifts me two life time free top-ups - etc & paras which are outside of pack. Along dd & regional channels Home shop 18 is also free which is a feature of my base back.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock