Need Help in choosing best DTH service

Airtel has

Gemini Tv HD
Star MAA HD
ETV HD
Star MAA Movies HD

I disagree with your statement of Tata Sky has better quality than Sun Direct. If you are talking about UI and EPG and SD channel quality, I would agree. But in HD channel picture quality, Sun Direct easily beats Tata Sky!!
And among airtel HD & Sun Direct HD, which has better PQ & AQ bro??

Maa movies HD is also available on airtel.
I missed all the word :)
Should have been
"As now all the below 6 popular Telugu HD channels are available only on Tata Sky and Sun Direct"
@Siva bro somehow I did not like quality on Sun Direct HD channels, I could be wrong as I am using Tata sky and Sun direct on different TV's.
But I can confidently say if you use Tata sky and Sun Direct, overall one would like Tata sky if budget is not constraint.

And among airtel HD & Sun Direct HD, which has better PQ & AQ bro??
Sun Direct has best PQ for HD channels, Airtel has best AQ and slightly lower PQ! If you have a home theater, you must go with Airtel. If not, Sun Direct. Remember this is only considering HD. If SD channel PQ is the priority, Tata Sky is the option!

I missed all the word :)
Should have been
"As now all the below 6 popular Telugu HD channels are available only on Tata Sky and Sun Direct"
@Siva bro somehow I did not like quality on Sun Direct HD channels, I could be wrong as I am using Tata sky and Sun direct on different TV's.
But I can confidently say if you use Tata sky and Sun Direct, overall one would like Tata sky if budget is not constraint.
He is using TS HD & he has already used Sun Direct HD & adtv HD in the same tv. He his saying by his own experience.

Last edited:
That's surprising bro. If you are using Sun Direct's latest Y series HEVC box, the HD channel PQ is ultimate on it. It's like 1080p on YouTube with excellent sharpness and blacks! However, as you said, Tata Sky has superior UI, EPG and SD channel quality. It depends on the requirements!

Evaluate from both aspects, SD only & with HD topups. What if you decide not to have HD channels for some reason (not worth paying more for it when nobody watches it - like in my case right now)?

Sun Direct seems to fit your pocket too within max 310-320 range. HD Picture quality awesome, SD not awesome but watchable. Plus they have exclusive 24x7 ad free Cinema Club services.

I am looking for all Telugu channels(HD as well if its available ) along with sports and Entertainment channels like NAT GEO, Discovery etc..

Hopefully 'm not hijacking the thread but i'm in the similar boat. Looking for:
1. Telugu Channels
2. All HD Channels
3. NDTV 24x7 and DD News

I'm on Airtel Digital. Which would be the ideal package for me?

Hopefully 'm not hijacking the thread but i'm in the similar boat. Looking for:
1. Telugu Channels
2. All HD Channels
3. NDTV 24x7 and DD News

I'm on Airtel Digital. Which would be the ideal package for me?
My plan 99+ Max hd 225+ all south channels lifetime top-up that can be availed through Airtel selfcare+ NDTV alacarte

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock