Seeking Help Need help, opinion and your experiecne on few questions I'm facing.

knd1983

Reaction score
Generally, On a prime LNB or side LNB, if you get signal for few TP, would it mean there will be signal for all TP?? Will there be one fixed/final position of LNB where all TPs are received with reliable amount of signal?

I'm coming with question because of below two;
1. Apstar 7 on main/prime LNB - I can get 75% signal for 3669 V TP, I get 56% for 4155H TP. But there was no signal for 3720H TP. I thought signal on 3669 and 4155 means that the frequency between these two will be covered. Fine tuning the LNB got 40% for 3720H.. But there was nothing for 3780V [FTV TP] or GOD TV tp or Independent TV etc etc..
2. With Apstar as prime, Intelsat 20 on side LNB - I cant tune to 3723V TP that has TV9 kannada! Had got 3742 [Jai maharashtra TP] but other TPs didnt appear then!.
3. tried adding LNB for IS17, with many threads on this knowledge base as reference. Just that no TP appears!. In fact signal of TP goes between apstar-is20 [whould have come near is20 on other side of lnb].
No 'TP missing' issue when I had prime set to 83.5E - all TP of 83 would come. [when set to apstar, main LNB doesnt see all TP].

Referred many threads, Nobody seems to have such issue! Once set everyone gets all TPs! Had checked the focus of prime, It seems right, converges inside of Scalar ring.
Had tried to understand the behavior of focal point for side lnb. It doesnt converge beautifully - Is this right??

I'm having partial success. If I get lucky I may place the 6th LNB on 6ft dish. [6th lnb is on small dish right now receiving edusat]. Might be able to hang it near main lnb of 6ft dish. # of FTA channels are about 460, About 40 will be whatI will generally watch out of this. So partial success is true. TV9 kannada from IS20, few more Kannada channels from IS17, FTV from Apstar would have made is complete success! [As these were my real targets and they are precisely missing!]

So, IS17 would be 7th LNB if I get signals like others are getting! [C band - 93.5, 83.5, 76.5, 68.5, Ku - 93.5E, 74-75E].

Just got a thought if the dish petals are not tight enough [bolt nuts].. but it works for 83E.. so dish may be alright. Anyone that can give a last push to me with a good troubleshooting? Help me please.

The focus was not correct. The focus was there but it was far deep inside conical ring by 3/4 inch. Altered how the dish arms hold the conical ring. I was neat and clean so put two bolts each when I initially set it. Now it is on one bolt each and hence it increased the distance between conical ring and dish face @ depth. Not great signal but for now 33-34% for 3780V30k tp on apstar.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock