Breaking New DD channel Arunaprabha from 9th Feb 2019

• Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 40
  • Views: Views 9,978

Do you think DD must have one more channel?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the launch of DD Arun Prabha tomorrow, I want some fundamental doubts about DD's Northeast channels cleared. I will try to write what I know below, and if I am wrong, please correct me. :tup:

There is one general channel for the region (DD Northeast, available on all DTHs), and ten terrestrial channels as mentioned in this post. Though they are terrestrial channels, four of them have been added on DTHs. I have mentioned the LCNs below. None of them are 24-hour channels and (if I am not wrong) they run from 3pm to 9pm.
1.DD Agartala (Sun Direct, LCN 770)
2.DD Imphal (Airtel, LCN 648)

3.DD Shillong
4.DD Manipur (Tata Sky, LCN 1997)
5.DD Mizoram (Tata Sky, LCN 1996)

6.DD Dispur
7.DD Kohima
8.DD Aizwal
9.DD Itanagar
10.DD Gangtok

For some reason, Manipur has 2 channels: DD Manipur (available on TS, LCN 1997) and DD Imphal (Airtel, LCN 648). Similarly Mizoram has 2 channels: DD Mizoram (TS, LCN 1996) and DD Aizawl (not on any DTH).

The existing DD Northeast channel covers all the states and is run from Guwahati, Assam. The new Arun Prabha channel will also cover all the states, but it is based in Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh. This despite there being a separate DD Itanagar already.
Is everything that I have written correct? :huh:

Last edited:
I think dd itanagar convert dd arun prabha

I think dd itanagar convert dd arun prabha
Not rebrand. It's a new channel. It will work in that market. Most people don't have cable and DTH there. I think digital cable entered AP just 2-3 years back.
Edit : Yeah, they rebranded to DD Arun Prabha.

Last edited:
New logo of DD Arunprabha (This is the final and official logo taken from the official Facebook page of the channel)
FB-IMG-1549637549967.jpg

In which language will the programmes be?
As per Wiki the official language is English, the logo has 'Arunaprabha' in Devanagari. Is Hindi popular there?

DD Arunprabha launching event will telecast on DD National & DD North East, tomorrow at 9:55 am LIVE by Hon'ble PM Narendra Modi. Logo looks quite good.

DD National showing About DD Arunorabha Launching. They said that it is their 24th Tv channel.
Mx952mk.jpg
FxSMbkZ.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock