Discussion Marathi Serials and Reality Show Updates

I am not sure if you speak Marathi or not. If you can then you might be familiar with jokes surrounding the zee Marathi shows . All social media indirectly promote those shows . In top 5 , they have 4 shows on average . I don't think they will experiment anything new
Yes, some of Zee Marathi shows are very popular like Swarajyabhishek Sambhaji, Tula Pahte Re etc. extremely successful in social media, they got huge popularity automatically by social media :)

Yes, some of Zee Marathi shows are very popular like Swarajyabhishek Sambhaji, Tula Pahte Re etc. extremely successful in social media, they got huge popularity automatically by social media :)

In western Maharashtra , zee is immensely popular.
And other regions specifically rural , Colors Marathi is popular due to mythological shows .

I am not sure if you speak Marathi or not. If you can then you might be familiar with jokes surrounding the zee Marathi shows . All social media indirectly promote those shows . In top 5 , they have 4 shows on average . I don't think they will experiment anything new
I am a Marathi native to MP. Zee Marathi tried some innovative content like Tula pahate re which is immensely successful, but they should cut some really regressive shows like Mazya Navryachi Bayko. I don't even know how it's getting trp. Over a period of time, it has gone extremely rural with shows like lagira zala ji , tujyat jiv rangla. My family that used to watch Zee Marathi isn't impressed with the current content.

The most shocking part is Mazya Navryachi Bayko is remade in kannada as well.

I am a Marathi native to MP. Zee Marathi tried some innovative content like Tula pahate re which is immensely successful, but they should cut some really regressive shows like Mazya Navryachi Bayko. I don't even know how it's getting trp. Over a period of time, it has gone extremely rural with shows like lagira zala ji , tujyat jiv rangla. My family that used to watch Zee Marathi isn't impressed with the current content.

It's one of the top show bro . They won't try something different as long as it's getting TRP.

I feel sad for star Pravah . Since they changed their logo , they have gone down and down . Don't know what went wrong . Zee grabbed that opportunity and since then ( last 4 years ) is constantly number one . Even Zee talkies and Yuva are in top 5 channels .

In western Maharashtra , zee is immensely popular.
And other regions specifically rural , Colors Marathi is popular due to mythological shows .
Star Pravah seems to be the biggest loser. Even the other struggling Star channel (Suvarna) launches new shows frequently but Pravah has very few new shows and zero movies.
Even Zee talkies and Yuva are in top 5 channels .
I want Sony Marathi to overtake Zee Yuva permanently. Sony Marathi has a big schedule of serials, reality shows and movies while Zee Yuva (though it has new shows every now and then) is exactly the same as Sun Life. Old wine in a new bottle.

Last edited:
Star Pravah seems to be the biggest loser. Even the other struggling Star channel (Suvarna) launches new shows frequently but Pravah has very few new shows and zero movies.

I want Sony Marathi to overtake Zee Yuva permanently. Sony Marathi has a big schedule of serials, reality shows and movies while Zee Yuva (though it has new shows every now and then) is exactly the same as Sun Life. Old wine in a new bottle.
Actually, zee yuva has better content than zee Marathi , according to me. It's trying new shows. Dance Maharashtra dance was brought back after years due to zee yuva, and sangeet samrat was good. But Zee Marathi , very recently, launched some innovative non fiction.

Star Pravah had a golden run since it's launch to its peak in 2014 - early 2015 . But like Nokia they thought they are in numerous uno position and no one can beat them . At the same time ETV Marathi rebranded as Colors Marathi and Zee Marathi was quick in launching new shows . Both grabbed 1st and 2nd position . Currently situation is that all Star movies library is retained by Sony Marathi .

Problem with Sony Marathi is that they launched it at wrong time . Tata sky - Sony feud had huge impact on Sony Marathi Distribution . It didn't get much needed impression at the launch.
Let's hope it will break into top five soon .

Actually, zee yuva has better content than zee Marathi , according to me. It's trying new shows. Dance Maharashtra dance was brought back after years due to zee yuva, and sangeet samrat was good. But Zee Marathi , very recently, launched some innovative non fiction.

Content appeals mostly to youth as its name suggests. Which is something that we have never watched in Marathi television . Zee took risk and it paid off

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock