Good News New TS 4k connection

• Thread starter 4K dude
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 81
  • Views: Views 23,889

4K dude

Reaction score
Hello all,

I got a new TS 4k stb and connection. I paid ₹6400 for the 4k stb. I got 1 month free Ultra HD pack. It was a referral from a friend, so he got ₹300. The installation was alright. There was some confusion with the installation timing but it was sorted after a couple of hours delay. After installation, with 1 phone call I activated the 2 free regional packs, I selected Hindi regional and Bengali regional. In the same call, I activated all the Sony RIO channels.

The signal strength is around 80%. I have set the resolution to 4k @ 50 Hz. I am using a Sony 4k HDR Triluminos Android 43” TV. The picture quality is awesome. The aq is very good as well. It is a Technicolor stb. I am highly satisfied with the TS service and quality.

The pq is better than the pq from Videocon 4k stb. The aq is immensely better. Service is way ahead of D2h.

I have installed the TS app on my iPhone, created the account, and reset password.

From next month the recharge amount will be ₹735. I was thinking of going for Platinum HD pack from next month but Ultra HD seems to be pretty great.

I will add 2 multi tv connections by mid January. 1 more 4k stb and 1 HD stb. I am worried about how to explain to the installers to get the new HD HEVC stbs from either Technicolor or Humax. Any other HD stb is not acceptable as they do not have 1080p @ 50 Hz. By mid January, all the remaining amount from my D2h account will be exhausted. I will completely move to TS.

Around mid this year I had installed a new TS HD connection at another location. The service and the ease of adding and removing channels and packs using the TS app helped me in going for TS connection at my primary residence. I was also considering Airtel dth but they do not have a proper 4k stb. Also I felt TS is the most premium dth service required for high end tvs.

Apart from D2h, I had used Dish tv in the past. It is the worst of the lot. The zenega HD stb is horrible. It sends back currents to the tv. It can spoil any tv.

TS 4k is the best for 4k tv. It is my conclusion after testing 4k and HD stbs from TS, Dish tv, D2h, and Airtel.

I will sell the D2h 4k stb and the 2 D2h HD stbs by January end.

A huge thanks to @Anish Pai bro for all his help. He convinced me about TS. I am glad for his advice.

Welcome to TS family @4K dude bro

Glad u did research bro and not blindly go for it

Also dont take annual pack as of yet as TRAI new tariff order will get implemented by year end . So prices and packs will change.

If u get a good annual offer let us know

Lastly do post pics if Ur new STB, dish, super LNB, HD channels, etc

U will get HEVC HD STB either from Humax or Technicolour. As they stopped giving old STB

Last edited:
Brother, congratulations for ur new connection. Why did u invest in costly 4K STB just bcoz it had 1080 p option? 4K content is not available and neither does having 4K STB lead to any substantial improvement in picture or audio quality of SD or HD channels. All Indian HD or SD Channels are broadcasted in interlaced format, upscaling doesn't help. All Tata Sky STB's suport 50 Hz refresh rate and if ur TV was compatible with it then buying HD STB would have been right. Regarding being able to access premium services, well at present 4K and HD STB have similar advantage.

4K channels not coming in future, infact they have removed their 4k channel.

Brother, congratulations for ur new connection. Why did u invest in costly 4K STB just bcoz it had 1080 p option? 4K content is not available and neither does having 4K STB lead to any substantial improvement in picture or audio quality of SD or HD channels. All Indian HD or SD Channels are broadcasted in interlaced format, upscaling doesn't help. All Tata Sky STB's suport 50 Hz refresh rate and if ur TV was compatible with it then buying HD STB would have been right. Regarding being able to access premium services, well at present 4K and HD STB have similar advantage.
It has 4k @ 50 Hz option. I am using that resolution. I checked the pq using HD stb with both 1080p and 1080i options. However for 4k tv, 4k stb gives the best quality. 1080p is upscaled to 4k by most 4k tvs with inbuilt upscalers. 1080i inputs are not upscaled by 4k tvs.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock