DDF Exclusive NEWS X Kannada has been discontinued

pics from my side
news x kannada lcn 987 showing discontinued by broadcaster banner
20190711-074620.jpg

Last edited:
Good that a big national broadcaster has decided that it is not possible to keep a Kannada news channel running. In that case, no Tom, d*ck and Harry should try these things. Power TV, No. 1 TV and Swaraj Express TV are doomed to fail.

This is a heavily cut-throat market. Only TV9, Suvarna and Public are successful. News18 and BTV are somehow managing. Sun, the first player, has exited altogether.

Reposting the reasons for its failure here from the TS thread.
No surprises here. Many members from Karnataka were expecting the channel to shut down and i think it will happen in the coming days. Kannada viewers are very much satisfied with TV9 & Public TV and most do not bother giving chances to other channels. I hope from now on these media companies realise that there's no potential in launching news channels here and focus on something else which might interest us.

This channel was showing just comedy clips from a long time and the PQ is absolutely horrendous. What a waste channel. I'm glad TS is discontinuing this.
No news channels in Kannada are reliable. Every channel is running like a TRP factory. TV9, though with crap content, has a pioneer advantage in Karnataka as they were the first 24-hour Kannada News Channel. Suvarna News used to be a good channel but they have also fallen for the TRP race and the content quality is decreasing day to day. Public TV is no better, running fake news for TRP has been their motto. Still, these three channel maintain their viewership with some attention to actual news. News18 Kannada and Dighvijay News are good channels with better quality oriented content but aren't able to reach the top. Power TV seems to be a good channel but they aren't available on many platforms yet. And apart from these, no one really cares about other channels. Raj News, BTV, Samaya, Kasthuri Newz, Janashree will all have the same fate (if they are still running).

Good that a big national broadcaster has decided that it is not possible to keep a Kannada news channel running. In that case, no Tom, d*ck and Harry should try these things. Power TV, No. 1 TV and Swaraj Express TV are doomed to fail.

This is a heavily cut-throat market. Only TV9, Suvarna and Public are successful. News18 and BTV are somehow managing. Sun, the first player, has exited altogether.

As well digvijay , rajnews and tv5
Managing

Power TV and News 1st Kannada both seem to have potential; have been watching it live on YouTube for some time. Power TV's graphics are crap though; News 1st has the best graphics ever for a Kannada News Channel and they have it in 16:9. Swaraj Express seems to be crappier crap. In current players, BTV and Kasthuri Newz 24 are the crappiest ever channels to be on air. TV9, Suvarna News, Public TV are the big three; News18 Kannada is coming closer; Dighvijay has a fair chance to survive considering the presentation. ALL THE OTHERS are probably running in LOSS. Nobody ever watches other news channels.

Big competition between news
news18 kannada and suvarna news
Week 27
RankChannel NameWeekly Impressions (000s) sum
1TV9 Kannada79907
2Public TV45369
3Suvarna News 24x733702
4News18 Kannada29273
5Dighvijay 24x7 News14143

Public TV is all about the wannabe Arnab Goswami of Karnataka and the biggest clown in Kannada news history Rangnath. He gets this politicians to talk to him on the phone on his Big Bulletin where he tries to make the public think as if his strong voice will make the ministers fear and bow down to him.

The public is easily fooled by his tactics and think he's going to change the society which is not true and he has a segment in the show called Public Hero which has also become a joke now. He gets these random people who have done something for the society but now it seems even i can be one of them with no efforts. His channel is nothing but a TRP hungry crap. Other than TV9 news at 9pm hosted by Rangnath Bharadwaj (Not the Rangnath from Public TV) i can't watch any other kannada news channels.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock