Seeking Help Non Stop Pack

As per TRAI tariff order FAQ published on trai website.

11. What if annual subscription charges are paid by a subscriber in advance?
In case a subscriber has availed any scheme with advance charges paid for future lock-in period like an annual plan the distributor shall continue to provide services for such committed period without any increase in price / charges and without altering the other terms of subscription.
The distributors cannot make any changes that entails any disadvantage to the subscriber in such cases.
However, if the subscriber wants to switch over to a new package after 1st February, 2019 then the proportional balance amount of existing package as on the date of switch over may be adjusted for the new package prices after 1st February, 2019

Great so it worked for you.
But I would need freedom to change channels on a la carte basis in future on non stop pack.
Because the Terms and Conditions of Non Stop Pack with Mera Apna pack should not change post TRAI tariff order implementation.

I need your support Bro for the benefit of our friends. We need to unite and write to TRAI and DishTV.
I urge everyone to write to them so that they understand the impact and We should get support of all Non Stop subscribers who are around 10-50 lacs.

Great so it worked for you.
But I would need freedom to change channels on a la carte basis in future on non stop pack.
Because the Terms and Conditions of Non Stop Pack with Mera Apna pack should not change post TRAI tariff order implementation.

I need your support Bro for the benefit of our friends. We need to unite and write to TRAI and DishTV.
I urge everyone to write to them so that they understand the impact and We should get support of all Non Stop subscribers who are around 10-50 lacs.
Bro you can not take any complaint directly to Trai,you need to write to Dish TV Nodal Officer first and wait for DishTV nodal officer reply,if riply is not positive for you, then you need to write to Appellate Authrity after that only you can approach Trai
Follow this standard procedure bro
Complaint

Last edited:
Your mail missed key points to fight your case ,you should have included the following contractual points of Trai Guideline,see my letter to Dish TV
Subject-Continuation of Non Stop Pack (3 Years) in line with the guidelines issued by TRAI (Clause No. 17)
Ref: i) Continuation of services(Non stop Pack) subscribed with a lock-in-period (Point No. 17) if it advantage to customer
Dear Sir, Myself, xxxx user of Dish TV. My VC no. is xxxxxx .I am a DishTV subscriber I have paid Rs. 1179 for activation of non stop 3 Year MAP pack (Lock-in period : 3 Years) in 2017. My non stop pack validity is upto xxxx.
Please note that as per TRAI regulation guidelines (Point 17), " In case, the broadcasting services related to television have been availed by a subscriber with a lock-in period or the charges for subscription of broadcasting services related to television are paid in advance for a specific period by a subscriber in pursuance of any scheme offered by the distributor of television channels, the distributor shall continue to provide such services for such period to the Page 18 of 67 subscriber without any increase in the price of subscription and without altering the other terms of subscription to the disadvantage of the subscriber " .
It is my humble request to continue my non stop pack and do not migrate me to new monthly Pack. In case you are changing my plan to new Trai guidelines which is disadvantage to customer i.e. me, I will take up this case further to level of Trai because your conversion to Rs130 plan is disadvantage to me as now I am paying just Rs1179/36=Rs32.75 per month including Tax and your trying to convert my base plan to Rs130+GST=Rs154 per month plan there is a monetary loss to me of Rs121 per month.I think you can understand my financial loss of Rs121 per month.If this new plan is forced upon you on me.
Above letter me which is a contractual letter gave me very good results and in writing I got reply from DishTV that my pack will continue till next recharge date
Bro u just requested(u hav that right acc to TRAI new regime) to continue Non stop pack...but Dish tv can with draw what ever add-On's may hav in addotion to NonStop pack.Because Only Non stop pack Comes under LDP but not Add-Ons.

As per TRAI tariff order Terms and Conditions of Non Stop pack cannot change which includes Mera Apna Pack, Freedom of choice to select any channel on a la carta basis.

DishTV customer care is trying to interpret it at its convience, they have not released any official document on Non Stop pack.

TRAi should issue guidance on Non Stop Pack in accordance to its tariff order which focuses on selection of channel on a la carta basis and freedom of choice.

Interestingly DishTV's rural ARPU is about Rs 40/- only that means they have large number of Non Stop Subscribers.

If DishTV is going to insist and force NCF of Rs 153/- on these subscribers, they will loose them to Tata Sky or Airtel. It's very unfortunate because is some stupid person, DishTV will be big loser and their sales team would have really worked hard to acquire these subscribers based on some strategy which may not be working now.

Most of DishTV subscribers will not be able to recharge for next 3 years as they cannot pay for pay channel.

New connection from Tata Sky and Airtel can come at lower NCF of around Rs 100 including GST.

As per this news
DD Free dish: Top Hindi channels to pull out of DD Free dish
Following channels as broadcasters are not bidding will be missing from DD DTH may be removed from Non stop pack of DishTv,it is my assumption as that time DishTV will say these channels are no more free channel in new regime of Trai rule and these channels have become pay and you break your non stop pack to watch these channels,just keeping fingers crossed
Following channels may be removed from DD free DTH as their broadcasters are not bidding in recent e auction between 11-2-19 to 15-2-19 Star’s Star Utsav, Star Bharat, Star Utsav Movies, Star Sports First; Sony’s Sony Pal, Sony Wah; Viacom18’s Rishtey, Rishtey Cineplex, MTV Beats; and ZEEL’s Zee Anmol, Zee Anmol Cinema.

Last edited:
as per new trai order published on 12.02.2019 point no. 8- says customers can continue the long pack--

*Press Release on Implementation of New Regulatory Framework for Broadcasting and Cable Services

*https://main.trai.gov.in/sites/default/files/PR_No.11of2019.pdf

**8. The Authority further reiterates that subscribers who have taken long
term packs will continue to avail the services for the contracted period.
However, they have freedom to choose the channels of their choice under
the new regulatory framework and in case if they exercise this option,
money for the remaining period shall be adjusted for their future use.

*So now we can all relax that- till the end of validity we can enjoy the long pack as usual

as per new trai order published on 12.02.2019 point no. 8- says customers can continue the long pack--

*Press Release on Implementation of New Regulatory Framework for Broadcasting and Cable Services

*https://main.trai.gov.in/sites/default/files/PR_No.11of2019.pdf

**8. The Authority further reiterates that subscribers who have taken long
term packs will continue to avail the services for the contracted period.
However, they have freedom to choose the channels of their choice under
the new regulatory framework and in case if they exercise this option,
money for the remaining period shall be adjusted for their future use.

*So now we can all relax that- till the end of validity we can enjoy the long pack as usual
But we cannot add even a single new channel. Stuck with our selection but if dishtv remove some channels we will be in great loss

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock