Breaking NXT Digital / In Digital new A-La-Carte & Packages w.e.f 29th Dec (New TRAI Tariff)

They have mentioned the channels which are not launched/available on the platform. So, will they add them by 29 Dec?
Is it mean that all MSOs & DTHs will have each & every channel?

They have mentioned the channels which are not launched/available on the platform. So, will they add them by 29 Dec?
Is it mean that all MSOs & DTHs will have each & every channel?
It depends on how DPOs made RIO Deals with Broadcasters.

If few channels which are not available on Distributor platform then RIO deal can be made at lesser cost excluding those unavailable channels Cost.

There's only few CableTV Services which has login portal. There are plenty of local cable networks without Online Portal.
LCO's don't have a portal, the MSO services that they provide have it and after the implementation of the new tarrif, either the LCO's need to provide the link or need to do the subscription for every subscriber themselves.
Even that the LCO at my place didn't give the link, found it for myself

LCO's don't have a portal, the MSO services that they provide have it and after the implementation of the new tarrif, either the LCO's need to provide the link or need to do the subscription for every subscriber themselves.
Even that the LCO at my place didn't give the link, found it for myself
Thats what i'm saying, As you are aware you created an Online Account but think about other users who have zero knowledge of it.

It depends on how DPOs made RIO Deals with Broadcasters.

If few channels which are not available on Distributor platform then RIO deal can be made at lesser cost excluding those unavailable channels Cost.
Then again it'll be different for different distributor platform. They may ask for more discount.

Moreover, as per TRAI order the bouquets made by broadcaster should be offered directly to the customers if opted by the distributor.

I think DTHs will not opt for the bouquets of that broadcaster & take the channels on Ala-Carte & will provide by their self made bouquets.

Even my MSO ACT digital didn't update their website. What about these MSOs?
Broadcasters Boutiques and Service Providers Boutiques and a la carte rates, its too confusing!

I think DTHs will not opt for the bouquets of that broadcaster & take the channels on Ala-Carte & will provide by their self made bouquets.
Yes, you're right and Actually DTHs selfmade packs will be more economical than selecting each broadcasters bouquet.

Even my MSO ACT digital didn't update their website. What about these MSOs?
Broadcasters Boutiques and Service Providers Boutiques and a la carte rates, its too confusing!
Yes, especially for cabletv users its more confusing have to wait till Dec 29th how MSOs will offer us.

Then again it'll be different for different distributor platform. They may ask for more discount.

Moreover, as per TRAI order the bouquets made by broadcaster should be offered directly to the customers if opted by the distributor.

Taking channels on a-la-carte and then offering self made bouquets would be way too costly, e.g. Star Plus @rs.19, so is Star Sports 1, Star Sports Select 1, Sony, Sab, and many more prime channels that make up for the base pack, 10 such channels would take the base pack to 190, adding to it is the network capacity fee, other watched channels still to be counted, DTH/MSO operators would rather feel themselves comfortable offering broadcaster bouquets.

On internet, apps are available content providers wise. TRAI must look in to matter and barred self made boutiques from DTH/MSO operators. If allowed, then Broadcaster's discounts for boutiques will be eaten by DTH/MSO operators!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock