• Welcome to DreamDTH.com - an online community for the television and tech enthusiasts!

Please Register or Login yourself to ask a question, participate in a discussion.

Discussion Old memories

sumitroy

Staff member
Dream SMOD
I still have a Black and white TV and it works ;). Everything works perfectly fine sound, picture and controls.

It's Viewtron and this TV is older than me :lol:

It has 12V DC in. Whenever there was power-cut, we used to watch cricket match on this TV using 12V battery or car's battery :em:. Power-cut can not interrupt our cricket match viewing.

I've also connected this TV to TS HD setup box: Discussion - General News & Updates About Tata Sky

Last edited:

sumitroy

Staff member
Dream SMOD
Truly those were the best days.. I still remember my Dad getting on the roof to adjust antenna in a rainy day xD The struggle was real:sleepy2:
I think there was no need to keep antenna on the roof. 2 meter wire was enough to get DD1 signal. I used to use 1-2 meter wire hanging out of window or tied to window grills and it worked great.

rikininetysix

Dream Shine
I think there was no need to keep antenna on the roof. 2 meter wire was enough to get DD1 signal. I used to use 1-2 meter wire hanging out of window or tied to window grills and it worked great.
I don't exactly know about all the tech details of that time as I was very small xD maybe 1 or 2 years. I just remember my Dad trying to adjust the antenna on roof on a rainy day. It was hella funny for me to watch him struggle like that, and mom was checking whether the Tv received signal or not:biggrin:

ramesh sky

Registered
If relay station near to us a single cable enough. But in far rural we turn the antenna again and again. In childhood in our home, your like TV we had dynora.

hike

Dream Pro
It depends on place to place in city it's enough but in villages it's not I remember in my maternal village we used to place antenna on 2nd floor to get signal and if any signal lost we used to think that power cut might happen at the place where tower is situated. Don'tknow wether it's true or not 😅
One more interesting thing happened we used to get a channel feed from Pakistan between 8 am to 12 pm. It was ARY i guess.

ramesh sky

Registered
It depends on place to place in city it's enough but in villages it's not I remember in my maternal village we used to place antenna on 2nd floor to get signal and if any signal lost we used to think that power cut might happen at the place where tower is situated. Don'tknow wether it's true or not 😅
One more interesting thing happened we used to get a channel feed from Pakistan between 8 am to 12 pm. It was ARY i guess.
Yes correct. In our area (TN) there are two antennas. Both in same pipe rod. One for DD. And another for Rupavagini (Sri Lanka) 😃😃😃

Last edited:
Top Bottom