Discussion Old memories

Scp6XhX.jpg

In my childhood, in functions used this in sound system. When I had tried to touch this, the the incharge had threaten me. I ran away...😃🤣

I think there was no need to keep antenna on the roof. 2 meter wire was enough to get DD1 signal. I used to use 1-2 meter wire hanging out of window or tied to window grills and it worked great.
It depends on place to place in city it's enough but in villages it's not I remember in my maternal village we used to place antenna on 2nd floor to get signal and if any signal lost we used to think that power cut might happen at the place where tower is situated. Don'tknow wether it's true or not 😅
One more interesting thing happened we used to get a channel feed from Pakistan between 8 am to 12 pm. It was ARY i guess.

It depends on place to place in city it's enough but in villages it's not I remember in my maternal village we used to place antenna on 2nd floor to get signal and if any signal lost we used to think that power cut might happen at the place where tower is situated. Don'tknow wether it's true or not 😅
One more interesting thing happened we used to get a channel feed from Pakistan between 8 am to 12 pm. It was ARY i guess.
Yes correct. In our area (TN) there are two antennas. Both in same pipe rod. One for DD. And another for Rupavagini (Sri Lanka) 😃😃😃

Last edited:
Watching I Dream of Jeanie, Dennis the Menace, Bewitched, Disney Hour, Home TV, Playing Cricket in streets, Lightening lamps and candles when electricity gone, sleeping on roof and counting stars and aeroplanes, bring video game on rent for one day and playing it (64-in-1) whole night, watching movies on video cassetes and cleaning the head with newspaper piece, talking with relatives on landline phone at PCO, buying Kismey Bar for 1 rs and thinking its too costly. Ah those good ol' memories.

Forgot to add:

Not taking dish connection and catching it by using magnet and thin wire and putting it outside the window.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock