Breaking Pak seizes Indian and other DTH worth Rs 7.83 cr in nation-wide crackdown

Can indian Satellite Signal be blocked within pak boundary

Technically possible like satellite signal jammer like the one what few cable operators were doing against DTH here in India and get arrested by police but it is in violation with ITU agreement.

Because they are illegal.

5 Billion Rs licence is awarded to each DTH provider which proves investors have enough money for the DTH. Moreover, all the DTH are private DTH and Government of Pakistan is not launching any DTH by their own which means even if Pakistani Government has no money it doesn't matter because they will ultimately collect the money from the DTH providers.

Foreign DTH and brands are not allowed in any country. For example, in India it is illegal to use Sri Lankan DTH Dialog TV and same goes for Sri Lanka as you cannot use an Indian DTH while living in Sri Lanka.

People do illegal things when they lack legal way or legal route is way too costly. Example are widespread movie piracy in India as tickets price are way too high or widespread pirated Microsoft software in India.

By no money I mean falling economy and that affects everyone govt company and citizens. Example Pak IMF bailout or soudi and Chinese loan. I believe SATCOM policy is controlled by govt in Pak just like in India. So even if private operators are launching DTH still govt has to hire sat from foreign countries then lease that bandwidth to private DTH. Atleast this happens in India. And sat bandwidth is not cheap. Ariane space charge India Rs900 crore to launch our India's own sat so money matters. And considering Pak PM selling car to raise money or asking help for donations to build dam tells us that it currently lacks money to invest in space .

Sri Lanka and Pak are not same as people there have legal way to get DTH but no such options for Pak citizens.

Last edited:
I don't think Bangladesh have a DTH operator anymore. Do they?
Yes you are right RealVU dth service has stopped their operations temporarily, but will be restarting service in 2019 via banglabandhu satellite.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock