PCM or Dolby Digital ?

ayushlabroo said:
I checked out on the internet and found that my HT (Sony BDV E3200) supports ARC ( audio return channel) , but I didn't get any info about ARC function for my TV (Sony Bravia KLV40R452a )

So please could anyone know or find out does Sony KLV40R452a support ARC (audio return channel) function ?

Check the HDMI ports on the TV. If it supports ARC, it should be mentioned on the HDMI port label.

Ok Thanks.

I noticed that using optical cable I am getting sound difference in DD & DD+ channels ie. I am getting crystal clear audio with surround sound in DD channels, but in DD+ channels I am not getting that much quality audio also surround effect is hardly they. Any solution ???

Example Low quality audio in MTunes HD with DD+
But High Quality in Sony ROX HD, MTV Beats HD with DD.

Why so ??

MTunes HD audio is not comparable to the other 2 which are far superior. Also the DD+ sound being provided by TS on some channels is not true DD+ but reformatted from the original DD. Some of these are not upto the mark.

Ok any reason why TataSky has not provided any option of DD+ on optical SPDIF cable ? Any way I can get DD+ audio without ARC feature TV ?

Optical connection technically does not have the bandwidth to carry DD+, which can go upto 7.1 channels. Optical spdif only supports DD 5.1.

You are not losing much by not able to get DD+. TS DD+ is not 7.1 channel. It's only 5.1 channel. So if you are able to get DD 5.1 channel output, that's good enough.

Great thnx. I am looking to download Hollywood/Bollywood Blu-ray movies from torrent as I cannot afford original Blu-ray disc cost ₹ 600 to ₹ 800. So do you think torrent bluray .mkv file or other which claims DD 5.1 audio has good enough benchmark quality sound. Or I should go for blue ray.

Also in torrent There are movies files from 1.2 GB to 14GB for the same movie Blu-ray version with DD audio. Which one should I go for ?

Also today I found that my Tv supports ARC but when I connected my HT it showed TVs HDMI input as 2ch PCM and Speaker output as Surround. So do you think I be getting 5.1 ch audio from 2ch PCM input from HDMI. Please guyz help me out. ????

ayushlabroo said:
Also today I found that my Tv supports ARC but when I connected my HT it showed TVs HDMI input as 2ch PCM and Speaker output as Surround. So do you think I be getting 5.1 ch audio from 2ch PCM input from HDMI. Please guyz help me out. ????

What is the source you are playing back on the TV - does it have 5.1 channel audio? Unless it does, the HT will show stereo input. The TV also needs to support DD 5.1.

One other thing - does the TV have a second HDMI port to connect the STB? If it doesn't, this setup is not going to work in any case.

So it all depends on the specs of the equipment.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock