Pendrive memory issue after use with Airtel HD STB

AM_digtalTV

Reaction score
I plugged in a Sandisk Cruzer blade into my new airtel Technicolor HD STB and it was working fine. Later I decided to go for a 32 GB Pendrive and removed the 8 GB one. When I plugged back in my PC, it asked for formatting. Now, I have tried all possible ways of file format, FAT. FAT32, NTSC but still the 8 GB Pendrive shows as having only 115 MB total size inspite of having no files on it !
Any solutions ?
Note: I had not deleted recording before removing it from my HD STB. I directly started formatting in my PC.

You need to eject the pendrive instead of directly removing it from STB. Your pendrive has 2 seperate partitions now. you need to try plugging it into another Pc and delete the partitions and create a single partition. Or else you could plug it in and eject it properly from STB.

I've faced a similar problem.
I've 16GB hp pendrive and after an experiment (Installed chromium OS). I format the drive and it was showing 2GB in total size. Windows disk partition didn't help at all. I used ease us partition software to troubleshoot the issue. I found that it was having many partition. So, I deleted all the partition and then formatted it. After that it's showing 16GB.

Thanks buddies for your valuable inputs. I got my problem rectified. For the help of others who might end up with similar issue, here are my observations :

1. Disk defragmentation option in PC under properties of the Pendrive (H or I, whatever) does not help.
2. Ejecting the pendrive from STB is safe but that does not clear the hidden partition.
3. Formatting directly using right click on device does not work
4. Ease us partition software is helpful in detection but it does not do the task without license.
5. SOLUTION : (In case of a novice, Search relevant term such as say "partition" in help window of Computer and you will get the direct link to it ) Open "Computer Management" in PC (Windows 7), then delete all partitions first. Now, click on the icon to create a simple volume, choose drive name (any) and file format type (FAT32) and it will be done in a few seconds. Now you can check back and see the full storage capacity of your pendrive (of course, sans the default system usage space).

Thanks buddies for your valuable inputs. I got my problem rectified. For the help of others who might end up with similar issue, here are my observations :

1. Disk defragmentation option in PC under properties of the Pendrive (H or I, whatever) does not help.
2. Ejecting the pendrive from STB is safe but that does not clear the hidden partition.
3. Formatting directly using right click on device does not work
4. Ease us partition software is helpful in detection but it does not do the task without license.
5. SOLUTION : (In case of a novice, Search relevant term such as say "partition" in help window of Computer and you will get the direct link to it ) Open "Computer Management" in PC (Windows 7), then delete all partitions first. Now, click on the icon to create a simple volume, choose drive name (any) and file format type (FAT32) and it will be done in a few seconds. Now you can check back and see the full storage capacity of your pendrive (of course, sans the default system usage space).
i can see both the partitions on my laptop but the other partition isnt visible in other Pc

i can see both the partitions on my laptop but the other partition isnt visible in other Pc

Are both devices running the same OS ? In my laptop, it didn't show the other partition until I entered Computer Management window. Sadly, my PC is broken so couldn't make an alternate check.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock