[Pics] Sun Direct's NEW HEVC enabled HD STB

If SD come out with some different types of channels content than other dths then it's good and if price of packages is less than TS and Adtv Sun DTH will rule DTH market.

karan_hdl said:
If SD come out with some different types of channels content than other dths then it's good and if price of packages is less than TS and Adtv Sun DTH will rule DTH market.

I'm a SD customer for past 2 years. I would like to upgrade SD to HD set top with HEVC. Is it possible now? Can you share the procedure? As per HEVC STB image, it don't have any 5.1 audio output option, can you confirm that too? Thanks in advance

karan_hdl said:

Is there any model number to identify a set top box with HEVC or regular HD?

KrishnaKP said:
Is there any model number to identify a set top box with HEVC or regular HD?

HEVC will written in HEVC enabled box, in regular :hd boxes only HD is written...:k

H.265 is the successor standard to H.264, aka MPEG-4 AVC and has generated huge optimism given Industry’s struggle with shortage of bandwidth, spectrum, storage and imminent need to take growing HD content for multi platform delivery. HEVC was approved by ITU-T in Jan 2013 and has been among the most discussed broadcast trends, as well as the key technology offering at NAB and IBC with product vendors and service providers flooding HEVC solutions to bring alive the cherished 4K experience.

HEVC vs H.264HEVC is Big Deal …Today H.264 is the most widely accepted and adopted format in online and broadcast domain for content compression and distribution. HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding), the new video coding standard brings promise of huge bandwidth savings of approx. 40-45% over H.264 encoded content (ref. HEVC MP and H.264 HP with similar fps) with similar quality. In addition HEVC has potential to significantly

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock