Picture freezes on tata sky

pandayamitray

Reaction score
Hi
I have Tata Sky HD multi TV connection. There are 2 setup boxes. On HD channels like MTV Beat HD and Nat Geo HD, picture freezes for a second or so. This is happening on both of the STBs and it happens after every 30-40 seconds. I contacted Tata Sky Customer Service. They sent a technician and he checked for signal strength and found signal strength was around 80%. He said everything is fine, couldn't resolve the issue and he left. Any guess, what could be issue ? I will be complaining again very soon to customer care about this but before that I want to have an overview what causes these type of issue.
PS: My both TV are OK, I am 100% sure as I often stream online content on these TVs without any screen freezing issue.

Thanks for your help. Yesterday, another technician visited and changed the LNB. Now,
On channel 100 - Signal Strength 80, Signal Level - 219, Signal Quality - 80
On channel 2031 - Signal Strength 70, Signal Level - 195, Signal Quality - 40
On channel 2032 - Signal Strength 80, Signal Level - 219, Signal Quality - 80
Is this OK ?
My issue is almost 95% solved. Currently, there is no screen freezing issue but quality of video is not as expected. Video still doesn't look stunning as there is plenty of compression artifacts on screen. Is this normal or something more needs to be improved ?

Yes, the Signal levels look alright. Thats the best u can get.

Which HD STB u have, is it Technicolor or Humax ???

This screen freezing issue is still happening. Tata Sky technician changed the LNB and still this issue is happening. I called him back and he says, he needs to replace STB and digicard too. Tata Sky doesn't have any clue what is causing this issue and they are literally forcing me to change entire setup. I dont understand why he needs to change digicard ?
PS - Everything was working fine until Tata Sky pushed a software update in January. Now tata sky is forcing me to change hardware because of their some crap update.

See if the HD settings resolution is set to 1080i.

before changing LNB was the PQ better than what u see now ???
I have set it to 720p.
720p > 1080i
Image is slightly better after changing the LNB but still picture is freezing

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock