Seeking Help Planning to switch from Airtel to SUN Direct, Need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
If u are using 2.1 there won't be any issue,u can't find any major issues.

Bro you have 2.1 soundbar
no issue for 2.1
Issue with 5.1
Audio with 192 kbps or 512 kbps are matters for sound bar 2.1 as well. Kbps matter for audio quality, higher the compression means high chances of losing some sounds or sound distortion.

@SridharV Below are the points to consider before switching.

Advantages:

1. Sun Direct has excellent pic quality on HD channels, better than Airtel and Tata Sky.
2. It's cheaper and provides excellent value for money.
3. Has the highest number of Telugu HD channels.

Now the disadvantages:

1. The EPG quality is terrible, most of the time you won't see any info regarding the program running
2. UI quality is cable like, it feels cheap
3. HBO HD doesn't have subtitles due to Set-top box issues
4. Biggest problem is with audio. It's way too compressed in all the HD channels. You can hardly hear surround speakers. I couldn't manage it and I had to shift to another DTH even though I had 10 months subscription still remaining.

If you care about Audio like me, then don't go for it. Also, if you want the UI/EPG to be sophisticated, don't go for it. So, there you have it make a wise decision.

@SridharV Below are the points to consider before switching.

Advantages:

1. Sun Direct has excellent pic quality on HD channels, better than Airtel and Tata Sky.
2. It's cheaper and provides excellent value for money.
3. Has the highest number of Telugu HD channels.

Now the disadvantages:

1. The EPG quality is terrible, most of the time you won't see any info regarding the program running
2. UI quality is cable like, it feels cheap
3. HBO HD doesn't have subtitles due to Set-top box issues
4. Biggest problem is with audio. It's way too compressed in all the HD channels. You can hardly hear surround speakers. I couldn't manage it and I had to shift to another DTH even though I had 10 months subscription still remaining.

If you care about Audio like me, then don't go for it. Also, if you want the UI/EPG to be sophisticated, don't go for it. So, there you have it make a wise decision.
Thanks Siva for sharing your experience. I am using Blaupankt 2.1 soundbar, Is that hard to manage audio with my soundbar?

Thanks Siva for sharing your experience. I am using Blaupankt 2.1 soundbar, Is that hard to manage audio with my soundbar?
Yes, it was hard for me with my Sony HT-SS360 home theater. Even if keep the volume at maximum, I couldn't hear surrounds properly.

Reactions: Omi
Yes, it was hard for me with my Sony HT-SS360 home theater. Even if keep the volume at maximum, I couldn't hear surrounds properly.
@Siva , @chandu1192 shared a video file (SUN MUSIC channel with SUN DIRECT water mark) recorded from SUN DIRECT DTH and I have played same on my TV through laptop HDMI connection. Video quality is good and audio is okay. I used to set volume to 13 pts for Airtel DTH but for the video file needs 18 pts on my soundbar. Surrounding sounds also fine. I am using optical cable to connect soundbar and TV (not set top box). Video file properties show audio bit rate as 384 kbps. I am clueless now.

@Siva , @chandu1192 shared a video file (SUN MUSIC channel with SUN DIRECT water mark) recorded from SUN DIRECT DTH and I have played same on my TV through laptop HDMI connection. Video quality is good and audio is okay. I used to set volume to 13 pts for Airtel DTH but for the video file needs 18 pts on my soundbar. Surrounding sounds also fine. I am using optical cable to connect soundbar and TV (not set top box). Video file properties show audio bit rate as 384 kbps. I am clueless now.
Sun Music HD is 384 kbps and Sun HD is 512 kbps. Rest of the HD channels are 192 kbps. Sun Music HD is marginally better compared to other HD channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock