Prasar Bharati’s DTH income jumped 42% to Rs 309.36 cr in FY17

Shantanu

Contributor
Reaction score
Public broadcaster Prasar Bharati’s income from the direct to home (DTH) segment for the financial year ended 31 March 2017 jumped to Rs 309.36 crore compared to Rs 218.26 crore in the year-ago period.

The DTH income includes a Service Tax component of Rs 44.98 crore. In the previous, the service tax component was Rs 29.71 crore.
Prasar Bharati’s DTH income jumped 42% to Rs 309.36 cr in FY17

So most people preferring DD Free Dish in comparison with other dth players ? Also the carriage fee earned through channels also plays a part...

All the customers are getting attracted to Free dish...It can be blow for Other privates if the price goes on increasing..:confused:

Govt is pushing DDFD hard, thanks to Modi Ji IPL is now on DDFD which will help it expanding to more people

Govt is pushing DDFD hard, thanks to Modi Ji IPL is now on DDFD which will help it expanding to more people
Yes..Only selected matches then only it can attract viewership...IPL on DD was a great move by government...

In future also they may show some sport events to DD free dish viewers...:tup:

DD Sports and DD National should allowed on Private DTH platforms, while IPL matches.

Prasar Bharti should write a book on "how to make revenue without investment?"

Without investment ? Prasarbharati operational cost is close to 1500 crore per year whereas revenue is only about 800 crore. It's a white elephant for Govt just like MTNL/BSNL

Off topic
Bro... If govt do good, your supporting modi, and for wrong , your saying not by modi...
I hope you know that we have each minister to do their won work. Are we don't have MiB minister or they are not capable to take their won't decision...
If so, all the good and bad has to go for modi.
We will say that this is not bjp govt but modi govt...
I wish that should not be the case... Bcz we are in the democracy where no king ruling us...
If so, i am sorry to say, we are going into wrong direction or support...
Where we are going backwards to king rule...

People who were where are acche din here it is.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock