Breaking Prasar Bharti to Take Action Against Dish TV

Already post this news kindly close this thread

Dish TV General Discussions Thread
We would like to have a separate thread for this as it is quite important thing to discuss.

We could have moved your post into this thread which was posted before @Abhinav842's post however you have posted only link without any summary so we rather keep things as they are.

And lastly, please use Report button to report things instead of posting on discussions itself.

Correct, I am no lawyer to contest this, but I think this is sheer injustice. What is the deal between exclusivity of Broadcasting Rights and sharing with the Government counterpart? How is DD Sports getting the feed - is it from Star itself? And are they getting it for free?

Investing crores in Broadcasting Rights is due to healthy competition, but then again, consumer getting affected by it is bad.

If DD Sports is paying to get the feed, then all subscribers who have DD Sports should be able to view it for free.

I am surprised that the Supreme Court has honored such a case and awarded it to Star.
Yes bro I agree that it is injustice but its all business after all , and I think DD doesn't pay to Star as DD broadcast only Team India Matches ( sorry if i am wrong as i don't watch DD Sports channel) and as a national broadcast they may be have that right

Correct, I am no lawyer to contest this, but I think this is sheer injustice. What is the deal between exclusivity of Broadcasting Rights and sharing with the Government counterpart? How is DD Sports getting the feed - is it from Star itself? And are they getting it for free?

Investing crores in Broadcasting Rights is due to healthy competition, but then again, consumer getting affected by it is bad.

If DD Sports is paying to get the feed, then all subscribers who have DD Sports should be able to view it for free.

I am surprised that the Supreme Court has honored such a case and awarded it to Star.
I think DD is getting feed for free but star is getting share in DD's advertisement revenue.

but star is getting share in DD's advertisement revenue
This is like double dipping, seriously! If they get revenue share from Ads shown on DD Sports, then in no way should it be blocked.

Sadly, no one will file a PIL for this and take it to victory. I myself accept I am incapable of doing so (saying this, as I want to say I am not just preaching that someone should do it)

Under mandatory sharing rules, DD has to share 75% ad revenue for concerned matches with concerned private broadcaster. Earlier they showed match on DD National bcoz it had better distribution all over India thru terrestrial medium too but later shifted matches to DD Sports after honourable court's order and currently they replace DD News with DD Sports on some terrestrial networks where still analogue system is in use thus capable of carrying just 2 or 3 channels . For rest, match can be viewed on DD Sports using DTT dongle or Free Dish.

They decided to shift as telecasting matches on National channel caused revenue loss bcoz regular programming had to be suspended during match hours. Now they r also trying to project DD Sports as exclusive destination to watch match without added cost and getting onboard potential subscribers or viewers.

Last edited:
This is like double dipping, seriously! If they get revenue share from Ads shown on DD Sports, then in no way should it be blocked.

Sadly, no one will file a PIL for this and take it to victory. I myself accept I am incapable of doing so (saying this, as I want to say I am not just preaching that someone should do it)

Actually Star faces loss as ads don't get premium rate on DD and large part of audience base gets migrated to public broadcaster causing dip in subscription too. Right now only those not subscribed to private operators will enjoy matches free but DD has played smart by publicizing DTT which will find many takers apart from Free Dish thus again troubling Star India. There is no way Star India can request court to stop sales of these 2 things or keep check that those having private operator connection r not allowed to buy them

Actually Star faces loss as ads don't get premium rate on DD and large part of audience base gets migrated to public broadcaster causing dip in subscription too. Right now only those not subscribed to private operators will enjoy matches free but DD has played smart by publicizing DTT which will find many takers apart from Free Dish thus again troubling Star India. There is no way Star India can request court to stop sales of these 2 things or keep check that those having private operator connection r not allowed to buy them
Can we watch cricket on DD channels without cable and freedish? When I had analogue cable when cable use to go I could watch matches on DD National channel.

Can we watch cricket on DD channels without cable and freedish? When I had analogue cable when cable use to go I could watch matches on DD National channel.
That way only DD National and DD News will be available, and matches no longer air on DD National

Yes, either thru DTT dongle or old TV Antenna based on ur location . Check whether DD is broadcasting its signals in ur area thru transmitters using analogue or digital option.

On Digital, 8 or 10 channels available while incase of analogue it is restricted to 2 or max 3

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock