Problem with EPG Recording after updating software ID 58

nsd1445

Reaction score
I upgraded to software ID 58, everything fine with EPG etc
However when I set to record using EPG Channel Guide and "Record this Program" the recording starts on time but does not stop at the end of the program and continues to record endlessly until stopped manually
This is a major problem as most times when you are recording you are not around and recording will go on for hours or days till you manually stop it
Anyone else having similar problem??
Any suggestions from seniors on how to solve this problem

Wow such a big problem with software ID58. Wondering if its possible to downgrade to ID57.

Actually I had upgraded from ID 44 to ID 57 and had this problem so I downloaded ID 58 and upgraded to that but still having same problem
I Did not have this problem with old ID 44 though there had problems with EPG and sound on HD Channel recording
So I think this problem is common to ID 57 and ID 58
Can other members comment if they have similar problem or is something with my set

I would like to clarify my earlier post and say that this problem occurs ONLY when you use the EPG "record this prog."
It does not occur when you use the "Time based Recording" setup

Ok, I experimented on 2 HD channels. I had set recording to start 3 minutes earlier and end 3 minutes later in my box. On Lfe OK HD set recording from guide. It started fine 3 minutes earlier and did not end according to schedule or time set to end so I stopped manually after some time

On Colors HD with same setting on stb as earlier mentioned I used guide to record, did not start 3 minutes earlier but started according to guide time and ended also according to guide time, not 3 minutes later......... very funny!!! Will further experiment more.

d2h is giving us this crappy sh*t like boxes and software!. I upgraded from 43 to 57, did not try this on 57 and then upgraded to 58. Did u try reverting back to old id? Is it possible? Do u have earlier software ids with you? Thanks

I do not have any older ID's except 57 and same problem there with ID 57
I would prefer an older ID if it works Maybe all must complain to their service and get them to sort out this bug and issue a new ID
I am overseas so cannot do that, hope can get a new ID with this sorted out
I also noted that when you put say week day record or daily record it only records the first day but fails to record on next days
Looks like serious problems with this update

ibunasym said:
Ok, I experimented on 2 HD channels. I had set recording to start 3 minutes earlier and end 3 minutes later in my box. On Lfe OK HD set recording from guide. It started fine 3 minutes earlier and did not end according to schedule or time set to end so I stopped manually after some time

On Colors HD with same setting on stb as earlier mentioned I used guide to record, did not start 3 minutes earlier but started according to guide time and ended also according to guide time, not 3 minutes later......... very funny!!! Will further experiment more.

d2h is giving us this crappy sh*t like boxes and software!. I upgraded from 43 to 57, did not try this on 57 and then upgraded to 58. Did u try reverting back to old id? Is it possible? Do u have earlier software ids with you? Thanks

I also have these kind of issues my download I'd is 57

vivekg123 said:
I also have these kind of issues my download I'd is 57

Earlier I had upgraded to ID 57, that had even more problems, besides these mentioned for ID 58 it would not record in standby mode etc. I upgraded to ID 58 hoping the issue would be solved but the issue with EPG recording persists

I had earlier used HDDVR 160gb, which i liked very much, didn't come across any such bugs and hardware wise too it was good built, but I had to replace it after about 3 years of use due to malfunctioning.

Coming to the point, I didn't use id 57 that much to notice such bugs and updated to id 58. So what I have come to known is 2 things about recording:

1- If I press info button (i) on remote and select a future prog and press "record this prog" it will start recording according to the parameters set (with settings done in recording options like start this minutes early, end this minutes later). However recording won't stop until manually done.

2- If I press OK button select channel and choose a future program and press "record" it will start sharp on time and end sharp on time (it does not take into consideration the parameters I set in recording options (like start this minutes early, end this minutes later).

I did not try 'time based recording' yet. So let us write to d2h and post on fb about these bugs so that they may soon release a new id with bug fixes. Btw I'm also not in India too. But we do can write to them. Thanks

ibunasym said:
I had earlier used HDDVR 160gb, which i liked very much, didn't come across any such bugs and hardware wise too it was good built, but I had to replace it after about 3 years of use due to malfunctioning.

Coming to the point, I didn't use id 57 that much to notice such bugs and updated to id 58. So what I have come to known is 2 things about recording:

1- If I press info button (i) on remote and select a future prog and press "record this prog" it will start recording according to the parameters set (with settings done in recording options like start this minutes early, end this minutes later). However recording won't stop until manually done.

2- If I press OK button select channel and choose a future program and press "record" it will start sharp on time and end sharp on time (it does not take into consideration the parameters I set in recording options (like start this minutes early, end this minutes later).

I did not try 'time based recording' yet. So let us write to d2h and post on fb about these bugs so that they may soon release a new id with bug fixes. Btw I'm also not in India too. But we do can write to them. Thanks

I fully agree with your point 1, however have not tried point 2, will experiment
The time based recordings seem to work if you use "one off". If you put daily or weekdays does not seem to record the second day, but not sure have to experiment more

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock