Punjab govt likely to charge Rs 50 as entertainment tax per cable TV, DTH connection

When GST is one tax, which has subsumed Entertainment Tax, How can State levy extra Tax ???

Local body like panchayet or municipality has the authority to impose tax under gst. Their are taking advantage of this.

State govt will reduce fund allocation to panchayet on the ground that they can not Impose these tax and to make up of that deficiency in fund panchayet will Impose these tax.

Last edited:
I will write to the centre on this. Lets see what happns next, :)
Forward your suggestion to states also as in GST council Center has 33% voting share and states has rest. To make any changes in GST structure 2/3 majority is required in GST council so Center alone cannot change it without State support

Forward your suggestion to states also as in GST council Center has 33% voting share and states has rest. To make any changes in GST structure 2/3 majority is required in GST council so Center alone cannot change it without State support

Yes, thanks for the suggestion. First i will take this issue up in our local meeting, and then the executive meeting. Then later on i will see what can be done

OMG that's very bad news for each and everyone not only in Punjab but also for other states too. Bcoz, what's then use of GST?? Every state will start getting imposing these types of taxes. We are already paying 18% GST.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock